What to wear for tough mudder

Options
I have my 1st tough mudder on saturday (melbourne, and it summer time).

I plan on wearing dry fit clothing but I'm umming and arghing if I should wear tights (3/4), bike shorts or normal shorts.

So this question is for those that have done a tough mudder in summer and female.

What did you wear, and what wouldn't you wear.

TIA

Replies

• mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I would like to thank everyone for posting up a storm in this thread.

I have no completed my tm. And if you would like to read about what to wear, you can do so here
    http://lifeofanoniongirl.wordpress.com/2013/01/23/mud-attire/
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm new to the site, if I'd seen your post before I'd have jumped in, I did the Scotland TM last summer. (A lot colder than Melbourne though I'm sure, my friend got hypothermia).

How was your TM? Favourite obstacle? Least favourite? The one you loved to hate?
  • sammyneb
    sammyneb Posts: 257
    Options
    congrats on completing your tough mudder! I had done the warrior dash and have run a half marathon, but don't think I' ready to combine the two :)
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Ooh yes, forgot the Congratulations! Go you! :-)

Sammy, I'd say go for it. I did my TM before my Half marathon, they were both hard for different reasons, the TM is more mental than physical strength (Well, I'll admit I wouldn't have done so well without such a strong team, a couple obstacles I wouldn't have managed without them). But it's an amazing day, if you can run a half and do strength exercises you'd be fine with a team. :-) I enjoyed it far more than the half.
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    i did my tough mudder after I did a few half marathons.

I totally loved it.

i hurt (and I mean it still hurts now) my coccyc on greased lightning.

the hardest obstacle I would say would have been the monkey bars, cause by then i was exhausted (it was at the very end).

The only obstacle I skipped was the spider web, only cause there was a 30min wait for it as one of the webs had to get repaired.