What are your measurements? Being called a liar!

Options
So, after writing a frank and honest blog post about my weight, bf % and measurements, I've had people say that I must be lying about my hip and waist measurements. e.g. "I'm 30 lbs lighter you and my measurements are bigger, it's just not possible!"

I'm 5ft 5, weigh 14 stone and my hips are 41 inches, my chest (under bust) is 34 inches and my waist is 31.5 inches.

Please someone else who is around my weight and hight tell me they have the same-ish measurements!

Replies

• RobynMcGregor
    Options
    I am a similar height with different measurements, however, I would suggest that the reason for this is I have a much higher ratio of body-fat to muscle than you possibly do. Remember theoretically muscle weighs heavier than fat.

If you have measured and weighed yourself accurately why worry about other peoples opinions and comments.
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    So, after writing a frank and honest blog post about my weight, bf % and measurements, I've had people say that I must be lying about my hip and waist measurements. e.g. "I'm 30 lbs lighter you and my measurements are bigger, it's just not possible!"

I'm 5ft 5, weigh 14 stone and my hips are 41 inches, my chest (under bust) is 34 inches and my waist is 31.5 inches.

Please someone else who is around my weight and hight tell me they have the same-ish measurements!

I don't think you're a liar!!!! Weirdly though, I'm 5'10, weigh 12stone and I've the same measurements....
  • hmorrish
    hmorrish Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm the same weight as you and 5ft 6inch but I have 47 inch hip and 37 inch waist. People need to remember that even though we weigh the same our bodies are different. My mum is the same weight an inch or two taller than me but her hips are much smaller than mine and so is her tummy but her bust is much bigger then mine and so are her legs.

Everyone's body is made up differently of fat and muscle and like RobynMCGregor above says I think I have quite a high body fat ratio. I think the people that think you are lying are just jealous (I know I am!) of your measurements.
  • emma2309
    emma2309 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2...13stone and same measurements :)
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    A lot depends on what the weight is fixed to! I'm roughly the same proportions but a stone lighter - I have quite small bones. My sons both have very big bones like my husband so will naturally weigh more than a small-framed person of the same size.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I don't know why anyone called you a liar. That's silly. From those measurements it sounds like you have a nice pear shape! Everyone is shaped differently and carries their weight differently so whoever called you a liar is dumb.
  • tynger112
    tynger112 Posts: 351
    Options
    Sounds like a good ole fashoned hour glass shape, bet you look fantastic....who gives a *kitten* what that *kitten* hole said
  • paruls86
    paruls86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and 152 pound (10 St 11) and measure as 31.5 waist, 35 Tummy, 40 hips and 33 as UB. I am quite sure the only one to really go is my Tummy and waist.
    I am quite sure u r telling the :drinker:
  • MissPeppers
    MissPeppers Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine who's about 3 inches taller than me and weighs only about 10 lbs more looks way bigger in comparison. I don't know her measures, but I'm more fit than her with more muscle and she's carrying her weight differently. We're different body types - impossible to compare an apple with a pear, ruler, etc.
  • melody554
    Options
    im 5 foot 7 inches, dunno wot i weigh inpounds but 79kgs. h 42, w 31, b 36 so kinda similar
  • JacquiDawn
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and weigh 146lbs.

Hips: 41"
    Under bust: 32" (Cup size 32E)
    Smallest part of my waist: 26"

Total hourglass, can never EVER find trousers or jeans to fit me at all.

Pain in the *kitten*, but I hope I don't lose my boobs :(
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I weigh about 10 pounds less than you and am 37 b, 34.5 waist, and 42 hips. I am 5'5" and muscular.
  • courtneysmummy
    courtneysmummy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 4" and I'm now 14st but the last time I measured myself I was around 14st 8lbs and my measurements were (at that point):-

Hips: 48"
    Chest: 41 1/2"
    Waist: 34"

There are loads of reasons people are different, i.e. their build, whether they are big hipped or small, broad shouldered or not.

I don't think you are lying. :)
  • metalloz
    metalloz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and weight 118 pounds-photos in my profile:

Waist=67cm
    Hips=93cm
  • BirdBrains
    Options
    Im no where near comparable to your weight and height, however I know a friend who is almost the same weight and the same height as me and our bodies are completely different shapes! She has a fuller busts, really wide hips, a flat bum and a large but flat waist...my bust is tiny by comparrison and my hips narrow but my bum and waist are OUT THERE. So my hips measure smaller than hers, but her waist is way smaller than mine.

They also aren't taking into consideration that you all may be carrying more/less fat around limbs that detracts from the torso measurements.

And just to put paid to it all, a magazine here in the UK recently ran a terrible feature about a woman who was much, much heavier than I but it was all on her hips. Her bra back size is a good 6 sizes smaller than mine, but my hips look slim and svelt by comparrison!

Thank God our bodies aren't all the same, or what a boring world we'd live in :)
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm 5" 4' 13.5 stone under bust 34"
    Waist is 42 hips 40.5
  • nikkiabson
    Options
    Hi!

I'm also 5'5" and measurements as follows:

Chest 41 (under chest 35)
    Waist 35
    Hips 44

I weigh 12' 3

Take no notice of the nay sayers! x
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options

I believe you, that sounds about right! Everyone has to realize that we all have different body SHAPES.

I'm 5'5, weigh between 124 and 128 depending on how good I'm being and I'm usually around 33-27-33 but haven't checked in a while, my goal is 32-25-32 if at all possible, but I'll settle for a 26 inch waist...I'm an 'apple' after all! x
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    It's all about body composition, as others have already noted.

Last year at this time, I weighed 137 pounds, my waist and hip measurements were 29/38, and I had 27% body fat.
    This year, I weigh 141 pounds, my waist and hip measurements are 28/36, and I have 22% body fat.

I gained weight. BUT, I lost size and body fat%. I went from wearing size 10 to size 6. But...my weight up, lol.

It's all about the ratio of body fat to lean body mass. Some people can have very different weights yet wear the same clothes. Other people can weigh the same but have very different measurements and have to wear like 4 dress sizes different.

Some people don't understand the whole muscle/fat and weight thing...