Games/ Challenges for Motivation?

Options
It's only been 8 days, but I've been trying really hard & the scale hasn't moved.
Are there any games or challenges people are doing on MFP that I can join in? Something besides losing a certain amount of weight. Maybe something in fitness I can work on to keep motivated & not discouraged?

Replies

• slimsdown
    slimsdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    use an exercise bike, when a tv advert break comes on go on ur bike and see how much distance you can do in the time of the advert. each time aim for more distance.
    setting your own targets and beating them is fun,
    when i was on weightwatchers it was always a game to see how much i could eat for my daily points allowance, maybe try that?
  • beautifullyhumantp
    Options
    I started a 30 day squat challenge. Start out with 20 squats a day and each day add on 5 until i get to 100 per day. I do squats while brushing my teeth, looking in the fridge, picking out clothes etc...its a way for me to stay active. I also do push ups or sit ups during commercial breaks of what ever show i'm watching. Hope these tips help, i'm just beginning my journey too
  • hubbart25
    hubbart25 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I use the exercise bike. Mine shows how many calories you've burned. I challenge myself to do 100 calories and try to do it in a quicker time each night. Currently I can do it in just under 20 minutes. however I've been doing it for 2 weeks now, so I have upped it to 150 calories.

I do it whilst having something to watch on telly at the same time. As most of the time, I forget I'm cycling so I could do it for ages.

Good luck x