Men need support too.....below!

Options
There are regular posts on here about the need for girls to find the most appropriate bra to provide them with the support they need.

I recently discovered that men need support too (and I am trying to be very careful here so the post doesn't get axed).

I have been running for years and wearing running shorts with boxers underneath so I have never had a problem with a lack of support. As I am now only running in the gym these days, and the temperature is much warmer than outside i have found that I am sweating a lot more and my shorts are getting soaked as well as my running singlet (didn't really happen when running outside.)

I wear quick dry shorts, but the boxers obviously aren't. I have started running without boxers lately, as the running shorts have the netting on the inside to act as underpants. What I have found though is a severe lack of support....its not a huge problem, although if you are used to dressing to one side, you can get awfully twisted and uncomfortable when you aren't supported and can easily end up on the wrong side.

I spent half of my run readjusting and totally focussed on that rather than concentrating on my run.

Surely other guys have faced a similar problem and might be able to share (carefully and tactfully) how they have solved the problem. I saw the other day, boxers made out of quick dry material. That might be the solution. Has anyone tried them???

Replies

• RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Under armour boxer briefs work for me. I had the same problems till I started using these
  • titanium96
    titanium96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Under armour boxer briefs work for me. I had the same problems till I started using these

Ill google it. Thanks.
  • titanium96
    titanium96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Any other ideas from anyone?
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Nike compression shorts
  • SpleenThief
    SpleenThief Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Running shorts have a built in brief - I've never worn anything underneath them and have never had an issue (other than chaffing on runs over an hour but that's easily prevented by using vaseline or body glide)
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I also wear the under armour boxer briefs (almost exclusively now, even when not working out). I have some of the 9inch compression boxers as well. If I wear normal cotton boxers, the skin on my inner thighs gets chewed up fast, leaving that whole area sensitive and raw almost.
  • nickgarner6
    nickgarner6 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    +1 for compression shorts
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    I have 4 pairs of Under Armor ventilated compression shorts. I wear them for pretty much anything that's going to involve sweating and/or moving around a lot. I've run up to 15 miles in them and never had a problem, winter or summer. Plus, they're ventilated! I cut the built-in brief out of all my Air Force-issued running shorts so I could wear these instead.
  • martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    Options
    Funnily enough I was going to head out this-afternoon and look for something to sort this problem myself.

I shall have a look at Nike and Under Armour.

Thanks for asking the question, I wanted to but didn't.
  • DanTTX
    DanTTX Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wonder if people will have a looky :O
  • leahestey
    leahestey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    That sounds painful. Everyone suggested what I was going to suggest.........
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I don't wear ball prisons - and haven't for almost 8 years now, I will never look back. What doesn't kill me, squishes me.