5:2 diet

Options
2»

Replies

• sgall123
    sgall123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I prefer to eat every day.

While I don't follow this diet, just from reading this thread I was able to tell that you eat every day on this diet. It's just that two days you only eat 500 calories while the other five you eat up to 2000 calories. So your seven day average basically come out to the same as eating just under 1600 calories a day.

Perhaps reading the actual thread before commenting could benefit you in the future. :wink:

Many of us perfer to eat a fair/good/reasonable amount of calories every day. I would get all..... stabby if I relegated myself to 500 calories for a day. Even 500 net, I wouldn't be happy and fortunately I don't have to do that to lose.

I'm not doing it to lose, I am doing to lean out, drop body fat.
    I'm also not doing it to lose as I'm at maintenance now it's more for the health benefits & also many religions fast without no food & they do ok also a 101 year old Muslim man ran the London marathon & when he was asked what his secret was it was basically fasting & kid size portions when he did eat..
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I prefer to eat every day.

While I don't follow this diet, just from reading this thread I was able to tell that you eat every day on this diet. It's just that two days you only eat 500 calories while the other five you eat up to 2000 calories. So your seven day average basically come out to the same as eating just under 1600 calories a day.

Perhaps reading the actual thread before commenting could benefit you in the future. :wink:

k, thanks. I'll come to you first if I ever need help losing and maintaining weight ;p
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    It's not for everyone- young people who are still growing, pregnant women, and anyone with a history of eating disorders really shouldn't be doing it. And some people really can't manage on a low calorie day.
  • Lillyloooo
    Lillyloooo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Looking for active 5:2 buddies????
    Add meeee
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    It works, but I couldn't sustain it. Some weeks I was ravenous on the second fasting gay and it would all go out the window. Now I'm doing IF (intermittent fasting) everyday, eating from noon-ish to 10 pm, but I eat the same amount of calories per day. (I'm rarely hungry in the morning, so this works with what my body naturally does, anyway.)