I know, I know.

Options
I know this topic has been discussed about often in the forums, and I read up quite a bit about these too, but I'm just seeking confirmation here.

If my calculated BMR according to fat2fit radio is 1689 calories, and if I set my calories at 1700. I should eat back my calories, right?

Or should I base my calories on tdee instead, which I got using the method given by "in place of a road map" and using lightly active, is 2322.

I'm kinda worried that I'll gain though, so I'll thought I'll ask then get my enquiries cleared.

My stats btw are the following:
18 years old
84.1kg, 165cm.

I swim or do walks, 2-3 days per week, or more. Depending on how busy I am with school.

Thanks for all your answers :)

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    If my calculated BMR according to fat2fit radio is 1689 calories, and if I set my calories at 1700. I should eat back my calories, right?

yes
    Or should I base my calories on tdee instead, which I got using the method given by "in place of a road map" and using lightly active, is 2322.

The method you use is up to you. Either one will be fine. However, realize that if your TDEE is 2322, you actually eat less than that by 10-20%. So a 20% deficit you put you at 1857 cal/day
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Both methods would work, it just depends which is easier for you. Some people think it's easier to eat the same amount every day, some people are starving the days they workout and want the "extra" calories. That said, BMR + calories you'd need to be including mundane exercise (like doing dishes), because none of that movement is included in BMR. Personally, I'd consider that a ridiculous amount of tracking. You could still eat more on your exercise days, but I'd use a base number of maybe 1800 (since your TDEE - 10% is 2090 and TDEE - 15% is 1973).