How do you swallow?

Options
124»

Replies

• hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    The physiology of deglutition following mastication are complex neuromuscular activities consisting essentially of three phases, an oral, pharyngeal and esophageal phase. Each phase is controlled by a different neurological mechanism. The oral phase, which is entirely voluntary, is mainly controlled by the medial temporal lobes and limbic system of the cerebral cortex with contributions from the motor cortex and other cortical areas. The pharyngeal swallow is started by the oral phase and subsequently is co-ordinated by the swallowing center in the medulla oblongata and pons. The reflex is initiated by touch receptors in the pharynx as a bolus of food is pushed to the back of the mouth by the tongue. .. would you like me to go on? - is quite fascinating

yeah, please go on...but could you move on to patho? Or should I get back to you when I reach that point of my patho class?
    Oh damn! Hoist by my own thingumee. just Google dysphagia or see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dysphagia

but be warned, it's a bit hard to swallow

Dude! I know I've said I'm getting my medical degree from Google University...but I was KIDDING! You can ACTUALLY attend a real university to find out this stuff. Go figure!!!

:noway:
    I did. Sad, isn't it
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    So the follow up question is girls do you swallow or spit? (Fudge it! Somebody had to ask!)

Swallow ladies should never spit lol

Kinda depends on how hard up the guy has been...if you know what I'm saying...I never was good at chugging...but am will give it the college try.

:laugh:

wait, what?
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    We are discussing dentures? Really? I need to start a new thread. One cannot ask how do you swallow and then refer to dentures. Feel me fam?
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    The replies to this are the best part of let down thread.
  • rishonb
    rishonb Posts: 232
    Options
    First i have to give a true shout out to my ladies out there that were ready to openly answer this question so early in the morning ..i was reading all the post and found it hard to believe how so many females enjoyed this topic openly...and to the fellas!!!! guys iam guessing another day and another website...(damn it almost happened..)... And finally to whoever posted this topic don't you ever talk about how do you swallow, and than talk about no damn dentures!!!!!! LOL just kidden you can talk about whatever you like....
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    We are discussing dentures? Really? I need to start a new thread. One cannot ask how do you swallow and then refer to dentures. Feel me fam?

Nice ink...

so...how YOU doing?

:wink:
  • jamie610811
    jamie610811 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Options
    Typical woman , says one thing and means another :-) pffft
  • beccas27
    beccas27 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.. Any time I swallow something.. I would have to say I do it with a smile :bigsmile:
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I find that hard to swallow
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    All us guys that came in to this topic were ready with their Friend Request buttons. Now - not so much.
  • disdatdude
    Options
    Fish bone? - Small.
    Chicken bone? - You're just too dang hungry.
    Dentures? - Geez you got a wide throat!!!
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    sorry i was to busy swallowing my bf to read the thread