Bag Lunch

Options
I’m bored with my lunch, and trying to keep on the right track. I’m looking for some suggestions for lunch to take to work that are around 400 Calories. My creativity is lacking this month, I need some inspiration! Thanks for the help :)

Replies

• amberdust
    Options
    i like to make salads and put them in pita pockets. but try to mix it up, use in season apples and mix it with in season leafy vegetables, a little bit of cheese and or poultry and maybe a light dressing and stuff it all into a pita pocket.

or you could try bringing alot of little things. make a small sandwich using your favorite meat and cheese and put it on a tiny bun like a dinner roll, and pair that with a small salad, maybe a small soup, some of your favorite snacking vegetables and fruits.

or you could bring leftovers from your last nights meal. make enough for two days and eat the rest for lunch. i do that alot.

if you are REALLY bored and have plenty of extra time, look up japanese bentos. they look fun and alot of them look tasty! (thje ones for adults, haha, but the ones for kids look like fun too!)
  • njfitnessgirl
    Options
    I usually bring leftovers but when we don't have any then I will usually pack a sandwich. I like to make chicken salad with just a little mayo and chunks of green apple and dried cranberries. Have that on bread or in a pita. Or you can even have it on top of mixed greens with a small soup.
  • sunnyinaz78
    Options
    Have you tried those lunch boxes from starbucks? They are all really good for around 5 dollars, all under 500 calories. I usually have the protein box which is approx 350 cal.
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Left over idea is good...Maybe take an hour or two to prepare food on Sunday. This way you have a little more time to be creative and not have to do it the morning of or night before! It saves time too:)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I bring hot soup in a Thermos flask and bring some bread.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I make a meal plan on sunday and then cook for the full week at once. Then all week I have home made TV dinners. Favorites are Burrito bowls, Stir fries, soups and pasta dishes. When I plan out the meals I put it in my diary so I know my plan is the right calories and micros for my diet.