Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt

Options
ilovelucy711
ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
I saw this on pinterest and it looks delicious!

Take one small container of Greek regular yogurt.
Mix in:
1 tablespoon of your choice of nut butter.
1 tablespoon of honey, sugar, agave or maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla
1 tablespoon or more ;) or chocolate chips!

Replies

• coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I had to bump this. I made it today and it is freaking AMAZING!!!!!!!!:love:
  • 0atmeal_queen
    Options
    That is NOT cookie dough flavored. It ends up tasting like whatever nut butter you stir in it with a few chocolate chips.

People just call it cookie dough so people will read that post.
  • TurangaLeela
    TurangaLeela Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    If your put in brown sugar and no nut butter, then it tastes a lot more like cookie dough. I use two teaspoons of brown sugar and two teaspoons of mini chocolate chips per half cup of yogurt.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Yes, it would have to be brown sugar, vanilla and the tiniest chocolate chips available, or you get something not very cookie-dough tasting. (The other was not yucky by any means, just not what my tongue was expecting.) This would soothe a craving and I think even the kids would eat it as a snack or dessert.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    For those of you that have made it (whether with nut butter or otherwise), do you still taste the Greek yogurt flavor at all? I absolutely HATE Greek yogurt so that's what has kept me from making it, but if the flavor is masked, I might try it.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    For those of you that have made it (whether with nut butter or otherwise), do you still taste the Greek yogurt flavor at all? I absolutely HATE Greek yogurt so that's what has kept me from making it, but if the flavor is masked, I might try it.

For me, Greek yogurt is more a texture thing than taste, since yogurt taste depends on acidity and other factors. Try using the vanilla flavored and leave the extract out. The brown sugar makes a big difference but it does up the GI/GL just a bit (not a big deal for most but very important for some.)
  • teehee1211
    teehee1211 Posts: 39
    Options
    That is NOT cookie dough flavored. It ends up tasting like whatever nut butter you stir in it with a few chocolate chips.

People just call it cookie dough so people will read that post.

Agreed
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    bump
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    How have I not thought of this? Must try! Thanks
  • luckyroot
    luckyroot Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I didn't name the recipe, I saw it on pinterest! And have y'all never had peanut butter cookies with a Hershey's kiss?
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Delicious. I've made this before.
  • SouledOutDiva
    SouledOutDiva Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've tried this with PB2 it's so yummy!
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    bump
  • seths_milf
    seths_milf Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Definitely going to try, sounds yummy :bigsmile:
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Bump. Either way, it sounds awesome! Love greek yogurt!
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    That does sound good! Thanks for sharing! :happy:
  • jsbieniek
    jsbieniek Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I tried this with the vanilla greek yogurt and left out the vanilla extract. Frankly, it was ok but certainly not like cookie dough. Maybe if it was partially frozen or something...
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options

For me, Greek yogurt is more a texture thing than taste, since yogurt taste depends on acidity and other factors. Try using the vanilla flavored and leave the extract out. The brown sugar makes a big difference but it does up the GI/GL just a bit (not a big deal for most but very important for some.)

This. Plain Greek yogurt is disgusting to me, but I love the vanilla :)