55 and over friends

Options
I am looking for some friends that are over 55. I am 58 years old and had 72 pounds to my first goal to lose. I have a bad knee that probably needs to be replaced within two years and so I am trying to lose weight and bring down the BMI before surgery. Anyone out there want to be supportive friends?

Replies

• BlueCanoeGirl
    BlueCanoeGirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 61, 5' 2" tall. It was my goal to loose 50 lbs to get to the lightest I've been in the last 20 years. Just accomplished that this morning. I now realize that I could loose another 50 to be at a more reasonable weight. So now that I've reached my big goal, it is free fall from here. I am so excited. My weekly loss was at 1.5 lbs a week, but has slowed down in the last month. We will see where I end up, but this is my life long eating style now. For a healthy life!
  • SheriP57
    SheriP57 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What did you do for exercise? How long did it take you to lose that much weight? I hate to exercise!!!!
  • SheriP57
    SheriP57 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Fitness pals...I am new here yesterday. I did not do very well eating and I did not exercise. I HATE to exercise so consequently, by body is tight tight tight. Hurts to do anything! How do I begin??? I have social anxiety so dont even like to go out of house much except to work. Ahhhh
  • Ritaleslie
    Ritaleslie Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Glad to see there is a 55 and over group here. I just turned 55 this month and find myself 50 lbs overweight. Am starting my weightloss plan today and using MFP (suggested strongly by my doctor). Hope that we can help keep each other motivated. I look forward to getting to know you all! :flowerforyou:
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Feel free to add me! I'm 56, soon to be 57. I had hip replacement surgery a year ago and looking to get rid of the 40+ lbs I gained not being able to do anything!
  • rblesd
    rblesd Posts: 28
    Options
    I'll add my support
    you can friend me
  • alsoagood1
    alsoagood1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hello - I am Carole. Last November I turned 55 and have over 60 pounds to loose. I have been using MFP for 2 weeks tomorrow. Looking forward to like minded people my age to help keep motivated. I am a stay at home caregiver for my mother. I am working up to 60 minutes of exercise daily - so far I do 60 every other day. I am also a pe 2 diabetic. Hoping to find friends! Add me please!
  • 366to266
    366to266 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Awww... I am not 55 until July <sob>
  • quiltbugg3153
    quiltbugg3153 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Sandi and I've been using My Fitness Pal for 3 weeks now. In the 3 weeks I've dropped 9 pounds and I'm loving this app. I will be 60 in a couple of weeks and I am trying to lose a grand total of about 70 pounds so I still have a ways to go.

I'd love to be able to chat with others to get meal ideas, and just get some support.

Hoping to make some new friends here!! :flowerforyou:
  • quiltbugg3153
    quiltbugg3153 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Carole:

My husband has been using this with me & he's down 11 pounds and his diabetes is doing much better. Hopefully this will help you as much as it's helped him.
  • Marineswife13
    Marineswife13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HELLO!! My name is Cass I am a mother of 1 lovable toddler and I am looking to get back to being happy with my appearance! also Lent is upon me and I have to keep track of my fasting and meal sizes so this app has been a great help! very much looking for friends to motivate me!!
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Hi! Glad you found MFP! I think you will love it! Great tools, and great support!

Wishing you great success in your journey to a healthier you!

Add me if you like.
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kat. I still have a ways to go. More about me on my profile, feel free to add me, I am a very supportive MFP friend and I am on here everyday. Best of continued success to us all!
  • Hi! My name is Betty & I am 57 years old as well! Ive got to get serious about loosing some weight & need some support as well! I had problems with my knee last year & had a surgical repair done. I was limited in exercise & couldnt work so the pounds quickly came on! Now Im feeling like its this almost impossible goal to reach! I need to loose atleast 40lbs! Hoping I can make some supportive friends on this site! I really dont want anyone I know how much I really weight & have to loose! I feel ashamed of how I have let my weight climb up! This site is all new to me. Have you found it helpful?:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I just sent a friend request. I am 62, have 75 pounds to lose and have MS so exercise is kind of hard for me.
  • Tryinonemoretime
    Tryinonemoretime Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 4", 55 years old and have 80 more pounds to lose. My diary is open to friends. Add me if you like! Good luck to us all on this journey!
  • deyja1
    deyja1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Anne. I'm 58, soon to be 59. I had breast cancer 6 years ago and I have been struggling to get back in shape since then. I am 5'1" so it is very hard to lose weight. I tried this program last July and gave up because I wasn't getting anywhere with it. I have finally admitted to myself that I just have to move more. My husband and i started Yoga 2 months ago and I am feeling much better but no weight loss. We also walk several days a week for 2 miles each time. I only have 10 lbs to lose, but it's harder than all of the previous pounds lost. Any support would be greatly appreciated.
  • smilingalltheway
    smilingalltheway Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You need to be my friend I was in the same boat I was told last year I needed my knee replaced but that I should loss weight before the surgery, so I lost 76 pounds and last week I went back to the surgeon to set up the surgery. I had new x-rays taken and I no longer need a knee replacement I no longer have bone on boneI have a gap between my bones. I was amazed and thrilled I don't know if it was only because of the weight loss or also because I've been exercising and now have strong muscles supporting my knee, I just know I wouldn't have to go through that painful rehab this summer. I'll be sending you a friend request we canupport each other.
  • Nette_54
    Nette_54 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, I will be 58 this year and have been with MFP for over a year now. It is a great site with wonderful support. If you have a smart phone then have the MFP app to it as the app is very useful and in linked with the website.

You may add me if you like too
  • Nette_54
    Nette_54 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    To sheripope57

if you don't like exercise they how about dancing or swimming ? Wii Fit Plus is a fun way to exercise too also if you have a Curves ladies gym in your area try them as it is very good for support . You will get used to exercising and will enjoy it eventually