Opinions..

Oompa_Loompa
Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Okay. Usually when I work out on the cross trainer for 30 minutes the machine says that I burn OVER 400 calories. Like 420ish. I do not have an HRM and I read on here before that those machines are like set up for a 210 male or something. So I'm going to log in that I burn 300 calories in my excersise diary...does that sound about right??

Replies

• AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,206 Member
    sounds right for me. I am 5'5" 141 lbs. Usually on the cross trainer i burn about 100 calories for each 10 minutes. Its not exact but close. Smart of you not to log the 420.
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    When I used the treadmill I found that MFP and the treadmill were pretty similar, but I'm almost positive NEITHER of then take into considerations your weight/age. I always take the lowest number to be safe, but you really should just buy a HRM. I got a used one for $75. It will always be the most accurate. Just subtract about 100 calories per hour of working out because that's the amount you could normally burn while just sitting on your butt (it's not extra calories earned)
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    sounds right for me. I am 5'5" 141 lbs. Usually on the cross trainer i burn about 100 calories for each 10 minutes. Its not exact but close. Smart of you not to log the 420.

I'm 5' 128.. so do you think i burn less
  • I am so glad I saw this! Maybe the calories "burned" was inaccurate and when it was added into the calories I was supposed to eat, it threw me off! Thank you for bringing this to my attention! This could've been a big problem for me.:ohwell:
This discussion has been closed.