Dear MFP...I'M NOT FAT ANYMORE!!!

Options
clheide
clheide Posts: 112 Member
I have been under the impression for quite some time that my "goal weight" was 140 pounds based on BMI. (I'm 5'3" and the "healthy" range for my height is 104-140). So as to not be "overweight" anymore, my actual mental goal was 135lbs so that I wasn't right on the edge of overweight.

All the time, people would say to me "you look amazing!" and I would think to myself that they were just saying that because they remembered what I used to look like and compare it to that, not that I genuinely looked "amazing" or even "good" according to normal standards. My standard response to that (probably because I am still learning how to take a compliment) was "thanks, but I still have 20-some-odd (or how ever many it was at that point) pounds to lose before I'm not overweight anymore".

BUT, yesterday I had my body fat percentage checked for me by the fitness instructor at the boot camp that I go to. And guess what???

As of yesterday, my current body fat percentage is 27.2% (at 159lbs), which is comfortably within a "normal healthy weight range"!!! So my new goal is to just get in to the 140's (if possible)...149lbs would put me at 22.3% body fat if I retain the same amount of lean body mass, which I think would be FREAKIN' FANTASTIC!!! And the best part about it is that I really don't HAVE to lose more weight at all! These last couple of pounds are just for ME!!!

Words cannot adequately express how excited I am about this and what it has done for my confidence!!!

I AM NOT FAT ANYMORE!!!

Replies

• lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    After 114 lbs lost....you sure as hell aren't!

GREAT JOB! You're an amazing person to have made such a great change for your health.

Good luck getting to your new "goal" and then in whatever else you choose to do.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Good for you! This is awesome! You have done fantastic! :bigsmile:
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    WOW:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: You have done a great job of getting off the weight and fat...I just checked out your pictures and you don't look at all like you used to:noway:

Continuing on just for you is a plus/bonus

Best Wishes to meet your personal goals.:drinker:

Laura:smile:
  • kateyb
    kateyb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome, well done you. I know there's no one solution or substitute for the eat less move more method, but please share some of the secrets of your success with us x
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    That's amazing. You look fantastic!!!
  • farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    Options
    That is wonderful!! Congrats!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Onward, great job, you rock.

Learning to take the compliment was something I had to adjust too also. For a long time i'd respond with "still a ways to go",,, or "Ya-I almost look normal",,, or maybe "Well, I'm never gonna look 'good', but I guess i'm less bad, Hehehe".

Well, I finally figured out that the best way to end that little bit of slightly uncomfortable convo is just to end it, quickly. And the warmest, happiest, best way to end it is just to say "Thank you", or maybe "Thank you for noticing" - and smile. Claim it, own it, you did it and it's all yours.
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    Amazing job, what a transformation! :flowerforyou: Your success is an inspiration, thank you for posting!
  • tndiva10
    tndiva10 Posts: 22
    Options
    Amazing! Congratulations!
  • sadinas4
    sadinas4 Posts: 5
    Options
    You should be proud of your accomplishment. Healthier, Happier and clothes shopping must be a blast. My day will come too. You give me hope. GREAT JOB!!!!!!
  • kathymurphy
    Options
    That is fantastic! And saying those words must taste sweet. Congratulations!:smooched:
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!! Congratulations on the weight loss. You are a true inspiration. How long did it take you to lose all the weight? any tips? :flowerforyou:
  • rosalie_g
    rosalie_g Posts: 71
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look amazing!
  • clheide
    clheide Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    thanks, everyone! to answer questions...

i re-started in january '09 (later in the month), so it's been just about 14 months now.

i don't know that i honestly have any "secrets" other than what you all know already. i log my food religiously...(i'm not necessarily advocating this as i know i have seen many posts to the contrary) but i typically do not eat my exercise calories. more weeks than not, i exercise every day...maybe take one day off a week if something weird happens, but that's more of the exception for me rather than the rule.

i have great friends and family that cheer me on, and this wonderful site that we all have access to that makes it easy to log our stuff and give/receive motivation. i feel i owe much of my success to MFP and the people here!

so THANK YOU MFP and MFP Community! you are amazing!!! i :heart: you!
  • Corbinsmom
    Corbinsmom Posts: 117
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are really inspirational!! You look amazing! I am so happy for you, I read your post and teared up because you can just tell howexcited you are. WOO HOO!!!! I hope your going celebrating, maybe dancing or something. You have done sooo great!

AMAZING!!!
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You look so YOUNG!!!!! compared to your before pictures. Its absolutally amazing. I think health is the fountain of youth, you are living proof. GREAT JOB!!!
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Well done!!
    You've worked really hard and has it paid off? YES!! You look twenty years younger!!
    It is so lovely to read your story and see your success. Thanks for sharing with us all.
    Congratulations on a new you. Enjoy it :smile:
    And keep up the good work :o)

508926.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome!! I can't wait to be in the "healthy" section for BMI. I want to be able to go into a doctor's office and be weighed and not be worried they'll have the "you're overweight" talk with me. Eep!
  • Catdemar
    Catdemar Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    What a insperation to use all. Congratulations for finding your comfy spot.
  • ♥dawnwestbury♥
    Options
    that is AWESOME!!!!!!! congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!