New to MyFitnessPal

Options
Hi All!
Im new to this site and need some help. I would like to lose some weight.. no surprise there! Im 26 and have been struggling to get motivated and change my life. I wouldnt say I have terrible eating habits but I know I need to change everything in my life to acheive my goal. Im a sucker for breads, potatoes etc. I eat fruit but not enough and i know im lacking veggies in my life. My biggest challenge is to find the motivation to exercise. I have a dog, which you would think would be enough to make me go for walks in the evenings.. its not, especially during a MN winter. The weather has been getting nicer so that should change, I have no excuse. It makes me feel terrible, i know im being selfish.

My goal is to lose about 25-30 lbs. Im not too sure what i weigh now (no scale in the house). I am guessing, from the last time i checked i might be at most (hopefully) 185. I was my happiest at 155-160. I need help getting back there!! Any advise would be helpful. I sit here and feel sorry for myself but dont do anything to change it. Im ready to take that first step. Tracking my food has been a shocker!! I cant believe the amount of calories i can consume in one day, it makes me feel sick.

Im tired of being unhappy!! Help!

Replies

• ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! I just joined yesterday.
    I needed some serious motivation.
    When you have over 20 pairs of jeans and cant button any of them, that's a problem!
    :cry:

My choice was either lose some weight or go buy all new clothes, and the latter is just way too expensive!!!:laugh:
  • DogsRule666
    Options
    Hi , nice ot meet you!
    I'm new today!
  • moporska
    moporska Posts: 3
    Options
    I have been refusing to buy new clothes. Im at the point where i need to lose the weight or i wont have anything to wear!! Its already happening. Im struggling to get into my last pair of jeans. :grumble: its terrible.