Ever tried Sensa?

Options
Has anyone on here ever tried Sensa? i have heard good and bad things bout it, and was wanting some imput on if it was worth the money or not....

Replies

• atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Seen the commercials but exactly is it?
  • tyroneadams
    Options
    Bump!
  • nadz6012
    nadz6012 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My mother has tried it, but I don't think it worked for her, as she has chosen to get the lap band :(
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Flavor crystals that make everything more flavorful so you have more flavors in your mouth and... suddenly want to eat LESS?
  • notreallytrillian
    notreallytrillian Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have a co-worker who tried it. I saw it in her drawer one day when I stopped by her desk. I asked her if it worked. She laughed, said no, and threw it in the trash. I wouldn't waste your money.
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Honest question here. Why do you want to put something on your food that makes it taste nasty just so you won't eat it?
  • GypsyPirate
    GypsyPirate Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    No, it isn't worth it. There is no magic bullet. The only way you are going to lose weight on Sensa or Rasberry Ketones or African Mango or MFP or Weight Watchers or SlimFast or anything else of the moment is by following the "sensible diet and exercise plan enclosed".
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    It gave my buddies roommate's dog heart palpitations and ED. I don't want to know how he knew about the ED, but still... bad stuff.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensa_(diet) No peer-reviewed science, and lies by the developer? No thanks! I'll just keep calm and TDEE-20%.
  • voicebytina1
    voicebytina1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    There are so many better ways to lose weight that are healthy! Sensa is not one of those! If you want to PM me I can give you what my doctor told me to do and what I am doing!
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    dixon_zpsca606ee1.gif
  • ChrisR0se
    ChrisR0se Posts: 1,855 Member
    Options
    Nah I just sprinkle a spoonful of dirt on my meals...works like a charm and its free :)
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • Doxeydoxie
    Options
    I tried it and it made my lips and mouth numb. :tongue: It really did. Guess that's why they say you'll eat less because you can't feel or taste your food!! Not worth the money in my opinion.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    They claim that it affects your sense of smell which somehow decreases your appetite... sounds legit
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I take my food out to the streets and get a hobo to pre-chew it for me. I find it helps me eat about 15% less!!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    It gave my buddies roommate's dog heart palpitations and ED. I don't want to know how he knew about the ED, but still... bad stuff.

this should be documented for future users information!
  • DrHeadBang
    DrHeadBang Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I thought it was a placebo. The act of sprinkling something on your food makes you aware of the portion. I'd say it's a scam.
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    From WebMD:

"The [Sensa] company's weight loss evidence is based on a few company-sponsored studies done by Hirsch. These studies have not been published in a peer-reviewed medical journal.

The lack of published scientific evidence on Sensa, along with a lack of diet and fitness guidelines to accompany the product, raise a red flag for some nutrition experts. "
  • kiesha23
    Options

OMG, I spit my water out reading this. So good.