How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I've gotten in the habit of weighing myself each morning and I think this may be a bad thing. So how often do you guys weigh yourselves, if at all? Also, do you take measurements or track your progress in some other way on a regular basis (e.g. BMI)?
Thanks!

Replies

• blakeedenchloe
    Options
    i weigh myself every friday morning before i eat or drink anything ... and thats it. :)
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Tuesday morning. I don't like to weigh everyday because weight fluctuates too much to really see how much was lost on a daily basis.
  • annegwildman
    annegwildman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am often tempted to weigh in more than once a week, but try to stick to that. I have always heard once a week is best. I do it on Monday mornings first thing
  • dizy17
    dizy17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself every wednesday.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I have 2 groups of friends who keep me motivated ....... with a little bit of friendly competition LOL ...... weigh-ins are twice a week, usually before breakfast .......

Happy losing !
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning (the fluctuations don't bother me.. I was up nearly 2 pounds the other day, but back down those 2 pounds the next, ect). It's more just curiosity for me. I'm also recording my daily weight in my Woman's Log app. I only check in with my current weight once a week (Wednesdays) on MFP, though!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    it is a personal thing, I weigh every morning, but only record weekly.
  • EmGetsFit
    EmGetsFit Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Once a week, usually.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I started out on weighing and measuring every week. Now I'm at my goal weight and focusing at body recomposition I only do that every other week, because the changes are otherwise too small to detect easily.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself whenever you like. There's no right or wrong. Some people just don't understand that our bodies flucuate in weight and they freak out because they've gone up .5 or 1 lb when in reality their weight is going down. I weigh myself almost everyday but I only record my weight once or sometimes twice during the week. I like to see the flucuations throughout the week so I know what is normal and what is truly weight gain. Sometimes I even weigh myself in the am and then in the pm to see what my normal daily flucuation is. The key is to decide what day of the week is going to be your "official" weigh in day and stick to that day and time.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh or measure; I go by how my clothes fit. A lot less stress that way.
  • Fibergurl
    Options
    Once a week same day same time early mornings.
  • AmandaEstes6
    AmandaEstes6 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. Its nice to see exactly what my body is doing everyday. It helps me to keep going because usually every morning im at least a pound lighter.
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I weight every weekday. It keeps me going.
  • lkocher01
    lkocher01 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuations suck, and they happen daily due to many factors. Stick to once a week. I also just go by how my clothes feel instead of measurements.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost every morning, I like seeing the fluctuation.
  • supermumincanada
    supermumincanada Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Once per week, Monday morning xo
  • lindaamarie
    Options
    I weigh myself anymore because I'm a curious cat, but I only record it once a week.
  • Relouw
    Relouw Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. If I've had a day where I've eaten a little more, say on the weekend I will wait a day before I weigh. As a rule I do not lose at this time but neither do I gain. Also I take my measurements every other week and a picture once a month. I have also started an album where I record everything. This helps keeps me on track....
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Friday Morning after I do my business (If I need to) and before I eat or drink.