weight loss diet paperwork from the goverment

Options
2»

Replies

• Jennifer217B
    Options
    I work for a doctor and we have to comply with this. It's called Meaningful Use and basically is as follows:

The concept of meaningful use rested on the '5 pillars' of health outcomes policy priorities, namely:

Improving quality, safety, efficiency, and reducing health disparities
    Engage patients and families in their health
    Improve care coordination
    Improve population and public health
    Ensure adequate privacy and security protection for personal health information

I took this from a website as it can explain it's origin better than I could.

The American Reinvestment & Recovery Act (ARRA) was enacted on February 17, 2009. ARRA includes many measures to modernize our nation's infrastructure, one of which is the "Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act". The HITECH Act supports the concept of electronic health records - meaningful use [EHR-MU], an effort led by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS ) and the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT (ONC). HITECH proposes the meaningful use of interoperable electronic health records throughout the United States health care delivery system as a critical national goal. Meaningful Use is defined by the use of certified EHR technology in a meaningful manner (for example electronic prescribing); ensuring that the certified EHR technology is connected in a manner that provides for the electronic exchange of health information to improve the quality of care; and that in using certified EHR technology the provider must submit to the Secretary of Health & Human Services (HHS) information on quality of care and other measures.
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Will the paperwork create more jobs? Can we all just get the Samsung Galaxy S III and touch phones to exchange the paperwork? Is it front to back to save on paper? If I hand back the paperwork will I be arrested? If turn in the completed paperwork will Obama give me a personal trainer?

I have questions...:devil:
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    The government is now making Doctors hand out paperwork to everyone who comes through there offices about weight loss. It doesn't matter if your 100 lbs or 200+lbs. It doesn't even matter if you have a medical condition, surgery, therapy or anything. They are making the doctors hand this paperwork out no matter what. So what is your opinion?

What kinda ppwk??? just about weight loss or something that needs to be returned to them??
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    knowledge is power.

and from the brief conversations i've had with people regarding fitness & health, they don't know up from down.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I went to the doctor today and didnt receive any of the referenced paperwork.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Several years ago my pediatrician informed me that my son was "overweight"...she had to tell me like 4 times because I just could not believe it - you could count every rib on his body he was so bony and such a stick figure that I would have considered him more likely to be at risk for anorexia...I thought she was crazy and I told her so, she simply let me know that per the regulations he was defined as overweight and my insurance would cover a slew of testing (cholesterol, blood pressure, etc.) and additional support (nutritionist,etc) but as the parent I could refuse treatment...I did refuse treatment, then I looked up the regulations because I was seriously considering getting a more sane doctor for my children.

Turns out she was right, per the regulations any child in the top 15% of the height or weight charts is classified as "overweight" regardless of how proportionate their height and weight are to each other...so because the people in my family are big and grow fast (my mother reached her full adult height in 5th grade) my children are automatically classified as "overweight" or even "obese" if they hit the top 5% of the chart. They are classified in this manner regardless of what their actualy body fat percentage may be just because they are well above average in growth rate.

It just doesn't make sense, but these are the standards the experts have invented...this is apparently the best they can do.
  • tcosenza
    tcosenza Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am a big opponent of the AHA and do not like it at all .. however I have not heard of this and believe it is either
    1) Completely made up (most likely)
    2) An overzealous Doctor using the AHA as an excuse to push people into services that are not required
    3) A misinterpretation of the now 1000's of new regulations that occur from HHS and this new law

It could be the 2nd and 3rd by a Doctor not able to understand the 1000's of new regulations that are now in place ... "We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it" Nancy Pelosi on the Affordable Healthcare Act. (aka Obamacare)
  • Jennifer217B
    Options
    I am a big opponent of the AHA and do not like it at all .. however I have not heard of this and believe it is either
    1) Completely made up (most likely)
    2) An overzealous Doctor using the AHA as an excuse to push people into services that are not required
    3) A misinterpretation of the now 1000's of new regulations that occur from HHS and this new law

It could be the 2nd and 3rd by a Doctor not able to understand the 1000's of new regulations that are now in place ... "We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it" Nancy Pelosi on the Affordable Healthcare Act. (aka Obamacare)

I work for a doctor and we have to comply with this. It's called Meaningful Use and basically is as follows:

The concept of meaningful use rested on the '5 pillars' of health outcomes policy priorities, namely:

Improving quality, safety, efficiency, and reducing health disparities
    Engage patients and families in their health
    Improve care coordination
    Improve population and public health
    Ensure adequate privacy and security protection for personal health information

I took this from a website as it can explain it's origin better than I could.

The American Reinvestment & Recovery Act (ARRA) was enacted on February 17, 2009. ARRA includes many measures to modernize our nation's infrastructure, one of which is the "Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act". The HITECH Act supports the concept of electronic health records - meaningful use [EHR-MU], an effort led by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS ) and the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT (ONC). HITECH proposes the meaningful use of interoperable electronic health records throughout the United States health care delivery system as a critical national goal. Meaningful Use is defined by the use of certified EHR technology in a meaningful manner (for example electronic prescribing); ensuring that the certified EHR technology is connected in a manner that provides for the electronic exchange of health information to improve the quality of care; and that in using certified EHR technology the provider must submit to the Secretary of Health & Human Services (HHS) information on quality of care and other measures.
  • sher71481
    Options
    At our office i have to check for pt's who meet the measures of high or low BMI and make sure that the doctors create a self management goal with the patient or send them to a nutritionist. Alot of health problems can be better managed if the patient were to lose weight. I think it's a good idea.
  • mystic36
    mystic36 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have the paperwork sitting right here next to me. yes it's informational. the title on it says weight loss diets. It did come from the Dr.'s office. It is not a questionaire. And if anyone would like to see it then send me an e-mail address and I will send it to you.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    The doctor gave you, an obese patient, information about diet. That's a good thing.