I cant seem to get full!

Options
i cant see to get full and i am always hungry! is there anyone out there who would be willing to help me with low cal big meals?

Replies

• stephurban
    stephurban Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I found that this has happened to me when I have lack of protein or continually eat the same kind of protein... so I have been trying to switch it up.... I have recently been enjoying fat free refried beans on salad with fat free sour cream and sometimes avocado if I have the calories... very filling and creamy mexican salad!
  • angelaange99
    Options
    Great Idea about the refried beans - I am not a vegetarian, just not in the habit of eating a lot of meat.
  • cathyshedden
    Options
    have you tried drinking more water ?..try having a glass of water before your meal.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Drink a lot of water.
    Have fruits or vegetables at every meal.

The most filling meals include a whole grain, a protein, and healthy fat. Example, 1/2 cup of old-fashioned oatmeal (cooked in 1-1/4 cup water) with 1 tablespoon of raisins and 1 tablespoon of peanut butter stirred in. This will keep me satisfied much longer than oatmeal with brown sugar and cinnamon.

Keep notes with your food log about what meals satisfy you the longest.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    The best advice I got early on was to make sure I had plenty of fiber in my food. The current fiber recommendation is 35 gms per day. That means eating lots of whole veggies and fruits. Lots of cooked dried beans, whole grains like brown rice instead of white rice, whole wheat pasta, quinoa, whole grain breads and whole grain crackers and cereals. I also learned that cravings were caused by eating sugar and white flours and refined grains. Read your labels to check for these things. I was a slave to my appetite until I got rid of the white things(refined grains such as pasta, bread, crackers, cereal, rice, sugars). For the first time in my life I could decide if I wanted that cookie or not.

Also loading up on large salads, homemade veggie soups is a great thing and homemade smoothies for lots of fruits that you can hide an awful lot of veggies in.

In the past year I have switched to EAT TO LIVE. It isn't vegan but it can be. I've never felt so full in my life. EVER. I have even stopped watching the clock to see when my next piddly snack could be. When I am doing the program successfully I am never hungry and sometimes cannot eat all of my allotted calories. check out www.drfuhrman if this idea interests you.

I fell off of the wagon at Thanksgiving and have been fighting my way back to my goal. I refuse to let my success slip through my fingers AGAIN!
  • Royalsbatwench
    Royalsbatwench Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Up your fiber and Protein. You're eating some really high calorie meals that aren't very filling and are burning off quickly because of the high carbohydrate/fat content. More fiber filled foods will stick with you longer as will protein.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mgh38vxiEl1s2eqbko1_500.jpg
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Vegetables are your friends. Maybe you don't log everything, idk. But I went thru your diary until the string of days where you logged nothing and I only saw veggies in one day. If you're trying to stick to a low calorie diet and NOT be hungry, it helps to eat a lot of low calorie food. Green beans, brocolli, lettuce, spinach, carrots, peppers. Basically any green not starchy veg.

I can eat a double cheeseburger and large fry from McDonalds for 1000 calories and not be full. Get what i'm saying? Less junk, less calories, more fulfilling.
  • 1KiwiChick
    1KiwiChick Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Hi, ive been more hungry the more exercise ive been doing and problem for me is now lost lots of weight my calorie intake is down from over 1700 to 1250 so some days i find it hard. I eat lots of vege, have upped my protein and like all the others say plenty of whole foods, brown rice,whole grain bread and beans a great idea.
    good luck, feel free to add me for support!
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I hope you don't mind, but I looked at your diary...here's my 2 cents:

Vegetables!!! Fruits!!! Veggies especially are low calorie and you can eat a **** ton (excuse me) of them without a lot of calories. I agree with the others also that fiber and protein are essential to helping you feel full longer.

It's almost like starting brand new if you are unfamiliar with proper nutrition - I know because I had to learn myself, often the hard way. Think of it like this: If it comes in a box, it's probably not going to be the most nutritious choice (i.e., hamburger helper, mac and cheese, pop tarts, etc.).

I also learned almost everything you need from the grocery store is on the outer aisles (produce, dairy, bread, etc.). When you get sucked into the middle, that's where you find all the junk.

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck to you :)
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    For me, 700-900 kcal can get me beyond fullness in one sitting (depending on what I did/didn't do).
    Take in more carbohydrates which a naturally quite filling eg. Breakfast: serving of porridge with bit of sugar (210kcal), bread filled with a deli filler and egg should do the job!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Water has helped me a great deal. If I get the urge to graze, I take some big gulps of water and it usually takes care of the urge.
  • trumpkat80
    trumpkat80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yep, I agree! More fiber & protein. PB2 is amazing! It's a dehydrated peanut butter & best of all it's only 1 gr of fat & 45 cal. You can find it at health food stores & online. I also drink an awesome shake that has curbed my munchies...I used to snack all night. Now that I'm getting proper nutrients, I stay satisfied.