How many calories are burned at different weights?

Options
If I did a 30 minute workout video when I was 300 lbs and was still doing the same video when I was 160 lbs, would my calorie burn be lower at the lower weight, and if so, do you know if MFP calculates a difference in burn for different weights? I just wonder if I need to find a more accurate count for what's being burned and manually input it into the log. Anyone know, I hope what I'm asking makes sense?

Replies

• EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    It does go down and MFP does calculate it. Unless you are just entering it in by clicking on the box each time. If you actually erase the miniutes and retype it in then it will come up with a different cals burned. I noticed that because I have been doing the same video for the last couple months and I accidently erased the minutes and had to retype it in and it came up with a different number for the calories burned.
  • snon
    snon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor with my sports watch. You input your age and weight manually so that can be changed as often as you wish. The heart rate monitor (which is strapped around your chest) picks up your pulse and therefore can gauge the level of exertion and this together with your age and weight details gives a fairly accurate calorie consumption report.
    Hope this helps
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Heart rate monitor with chest strap-user data updated as I lose weight. It's pretty much the most accurate way to go.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    yep.. if you go to the exercise database and type in 300 lbs and the amount of minutes it comes up with a different number than it would be if you type in 150 obs and the same amount of minutes. The cals burned is lower, but that's good :) Means you're healthier, right?
  • auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Okay, I didn't know about changing the minutes and not just clicking on the box, thanks for the input. I was curious because some people talk about losing huge amounts of calories for something, and when I look what it would be for me, it's waaay different, so wondered if that was what might be happening. Thanks for the posts.