What's your natural advantage?

Options
I was just thinking about how I've hated being a tall woman - I'm 5'10". I got teased mercilessly at school and never really recovered. But I have just realised that my BMR is higher than other people. And that's my natural advantage - I can eat more food. What's yours?

Replies

• Rosytakesoff
    Options
    I'm obstinate. If you tell me I can't, I am seized with the desire to show you how wrong you are. Probably not what you meant, but that's my natural advantage.
  • Mjhnbgff
    Mjhnbgff Posts: 112
    Options
    I am not a picky eater and I never met a fruit or vegetable I didn't like. Does that count? I'm not a vegetarian but I love fruits and vegetables and consume them by the boatful.
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about how I've hated being a tall woman - I'm 5'10". I got teased mercilessly at school and never really recovered. But I have just realised that my BMR is higher than other people. And that's my natural advantage - I can eat more food. What's yours?
    yea same for me. I'm 5ft 8" (was 5.9 but lost an inch somewhere!!) And I carry weight well, if you know what I mean? Not now because I'm extremely obese, but when I lose just a couple of stones I'll look totally differant. Before I gained weight I was 12 stones but could wear a 14 where as my mum weigh's 11 stones and struggles with a 16!! Weird!
  • carolyn0613
    carolyn0613 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I was thinking that carrying the weight well is an advantage, of course, but also it can creep on (and on and on) until you've got a long way to get back to a healthy weight whereas someone smaller puts on 7 lb and it's really noticable and then they are more aware that they need to take it off again.