Looking to MFP Friends for Support!

Options
Hello fellow weighloss goers! =)

My name is Sydney. I am 18 soon to be 19. I have struggled with food cravings for a long time. My weakness- cheese. I also have a problem exercising. I may get super motivated for one or two days and then I find myself sitting on the couch watching TV eating some potato chips. I've decided this needs to stop.
I have a 4 month old daughter, Piper. My prepregnancy weight was 139- wasn't happy with my weight then. (I am only 5'1") During my pregnancy I reached 165. After she was born I found myself at 150; I had hoped to lose all of my baby weight. But now I am at 137 and still going!
My goal weight is to be 115 by June 19, my family's summer vacation to Branson, MO and I would love to wear a swim suit. Also, my wedding is July 17, I want to look beautiful!
Therefore, I am looking for some support. I DO NOT want to give up on this. I want to lose this weight and keep it off for good!

Replies

• asiples
    asiples Posts: 6
    Options
    Sydney, first off congratulations on your baby and impending wedding! I'm getting married June 5, so I understand your pressure:) I lose motivation with the exercise too, but then I just force myself to do it. I read somewhere that it takes 14 days to make a habit, and I think that if we make exercise a habit, like eating all that snack food is, then it's easier to just do it. Sometimes it feels good to take a day off, but until it is enforced in your brain that you want to exercise a certain amount per day/ week, maybe you should stick to your workout schedule...I have to admit that, as dorky as this is, I will watch strong women movies, like G.I.Jane, when I feel wimpy and lazy lol I know it's stupid, but it is kind of motivating :)
  • crabbygirl
    Options
    I should be getting support from YOU! You seem to be doing great! Aim for Branson and keep up the good work!:bigsmile:
  • Moneygrow3
    Options
    1st off... congratulations on your baby!! How exciting! Also, on your upcoming wedding! As far as staying motivated with exercise, I found that if I made myself commit for 1 week, I felt so good that I kept it up! I liked how i felt and sort of got addicted to exercise at that point! I understand the frustration with baby weight! I have a 2 year old and it takes time to get it off! It can be done and you will get there! Set short term goals and extend from there! The book Eat this Not That really changed my eating habits and attitude toward healthy eating! Good luck! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • sydney91
    sydney91 Posts: 29
    Options
    Thank you! I have never heard the 14 day thing. I try to work out 3 days a week- but I work odd hours, and take college classes, plus have my daughter. Sometimes exercise just doesn't happen, but I do try. When I go weigh myself and see if I've lost even .5 of a pound that REALLY gets me motivated.
    I love the strong woman movie thing. Very good idea! I'm not sure how much that would help me, but thanks for the advice.
  • sydney91
    Options
    Aw thanks.. I really don't feel like I'm doing the best I can be, but I am trying =)
  • sydney91
    Options
    I think I may look up that book.. thank you!
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You know you have ALL of my support... :bigsmile:
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this and MFP is a great place to get started. You'll find plenty of support and motivation. Good luck!