Screw The Scale

Options
2»

Replies

• pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    My scale and measuring tape is a must and has helped me through my journey. I have not been discouraged by neither because I can be realistic about weight fluctuations and that they do happen. I think it has help me stay on track to weigh and measure.
    I too, cannot see a difference when looking in the mirror - friends, family and co-workers say I have gotten much thinner but when i look at myself in the mirror - I do not see that.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I have to say, I've lost in the vicinity of 100 lbs over 11 years. I HAVE to weigh and measure and take pictures. Most of the time when I look in the mirror, I still look the same to me. Once in a while I catch a glimpse in the mirror and go "Wow!". But most of the time I would say I don't look that different. Until I see a picture of me back then. Holy cow! And it's fun to get my drivers license out from when I first got back in MT and check out the pic. Totally amazing change. But I can't see it in the mirror. And some days, frankly, I don't feel it either. LOL. Some days I just feel old and tired. But I know I can do more then I could then. The number on the scale helps me and the number on the tape measure helps me.

Now, when I get down to my current goal, which isn't quite in the "healthy" weight range on the BMI, I probably won't even weigh myself much. I will use clothing, pictures, etc. as a tracking device. I'm not interested in being xxx lbs. I'm interested in being healthy, active, a size 10 or 12 or 8 - whatever! I want to run, hike, play, go to the waterslides with the kids and not be embarrassed (sp?). Really, I just want to be in good physical condition. So to an extent, I agree with this. In the future :laugh: But not yet! Everyone has their own road, but this was an interesting article and I can see myself following it at some point in time!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I guess the bottom line is find what works for you and stick with it. :flowerforyou: