My wife's amazing story!

Options
damorzacon
damorzacon Posts: 124 Member
It's been awhile since I've been on MFP and I have been continuing my journey...down 52 pounds and still going! :-D

BUT, I wanted to share my wife's story and her results:

About 2.5 years ago my wife decided she was going to change her life. Through hard work, diet and exercise she has succeeded in such an amazing way! 20 months into her journey she had lost 137 pounds! All done by just making changes to the way she ate and getting out and doing some exercise.

Most recently she's been featured on the cover of People's 2013 "Half Their Size" issue as well as appearing on Good Morning America and 20/20. She's wants to be able to inspire people to get healthy and to realize that it can be done without paying for programs, gym memberships or personal trainers. Little changes can lead to huge results! :-D

If you'd like to hear about her complete story you can find her on Facebook at Ashley Donahoo - Choose the Change or at her website choosethechange.net.

We're really hoping that her story can help inspire people to make a change in thier lives!

Replies

• karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Your wife is quite the inspiration. I read her story in People, I love the Half Their Size issue. Congratulations to her!!!
  • KristenE83
    KristenE83 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    This IS an amazing story! Good for her!!!! And, great job supporting your wife!
  • Nica_LosN_It
    Nica_LosN_It Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    First of all, I must give you praise for sharing your wife's story. You seem to be an amazing husband and supporter. Second, congrats to your wife. I saw the magazine, but I did not want to pay $5 for it (yeah, I know, but I live on a tight budget - lol). Now that I actually know someone (well not personally, but on MFP) that knows someone that is sharing their story in the magazine, I will put that $5 in my budget because, now, it is so worth it!!! I will check out your wife on FB and her site.

You have done an amazing job, also! Keep it up!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! I bought that People magazine, though I do not usually buy them, because I saw those stories on the cover and was amazed!!
  • s_fehr
    s_fehr Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Your wifes story is amazing! Congratulations to her. She is a true inspiration!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to both of you ....... enjoy your healthy new lifestyles :drinker:
  • keriberi9
    keriberi9 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I just read her story on the website, very inspiring :) Thank you for sharing!!
  • Cuna77
    Cuna77 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have the magazine. Just saw the site. Awsome results.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Just looked up the People's issue. Your wife is gorgeous! You are a lucky man and she is a lucky woman to have found a sweet and supportive hubby like you! Your story made me tear up. Congrats, to both of you.
  • fusion777
    fusion777 Posts: 197
    Options
    What a wonderful husband you are!

Your wife is gorgeous, congrats to her on her accomplishments. Such an inspiration to me!
  • KrysGettinFit
    KrysGettinFit Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I saw this episode on 20/20. Your wife is amazing and very inspiring! Great work to the both of you!!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Congrats to her and you both!
  • damorzacon
    damorzacon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I don't know if my wife had read this yet, but I know she will appreciate the kind words!

One last thing...if you like her Facebook page, spread the word! We're trying to reach a many people as possible and it's a snowball effect. The more people across the country that like it the faster it'll grow!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    That is great to hear. Not only has her confidence and physique improved but the fact she no longer requires medication for her prior health ailments is quite inspiring. I wish you and your beautiful wife the best.
  • Angel_Muss
    Angel_Muss Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    So awesome!!! Thanks for sharing. She is an inspiration!!
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    She's beautiful and you're a great husband for sharing her story :)
  • MrsRosenow
    MrsRosenow Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Truly inspiring! Thanks so much for sharing! :)
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sphomphak
    sphomphak Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing your wife's tranformation and achievement!! great story :)
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!