I hate my belly!

ractayjon
ractayjon Posts: 365
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I know the answer to this - cardio and keep doing what Im doing. But -- really is there no way to get rid of teh belly fat?! Ive lost 16 pounds (Im ony looking to lose another 5-7) my whole body looks good except for the roll of flab around my belly? ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Preach it sista' :laugh: I'm the same. I caught a glace at myself changing at the gym... :sad: My sports bra was "pushing" a roll down my back and I feel like I look prego :grumble: :laugh: :wink:
  • mamacassi
    mamacassi Posts: 131
    Hmm... You know... Do you do much abdominal things? Crunches? Backwards? I'm no expert but I think when you want to tighten that's the direction you take.
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    You can't lose from a specific spot. All you can do is work the muscle under it, and keep doing the cardio and eating good food.

How quickly have you lost the 16 lbs? Your skin becomes less elastic with age but it will, given enough time, shrink to where it should be without the excess fat below it.

Good luck!
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    I had an emergency c-section 24 years ago and they cut me up and down not across. I will never ever lose that pouch except if i hit the lottery and can get a tummy tuck. Oh, to dream about tummy tucks and lipo? LOL

Crunches and use those machines at the gym, if you go to the gym for the abs.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Have you tried pilates and/or yoga? This works on your whole core. If you strengthen your back, it helps to strengthen your abs too.

My problem area is my legs, and I seem to be the weight anywhere but there. The problem is, the top part of me is looking "skinny", while the bottom of me is still flabby. So you are not alone.

Keep at it. We will get there together.
  • stang41992
    stang41992 Posts: 129 Member
    Have you tried pilates and/or yoga? This works on your whole core. If you strengthen your back, it helps to strengthen your abs too.

My problem area is my legs, and I seem to be the weight anywhere but there. The problem is, the top part of me is looking "skinny", while the bottom of me is still flabby. So you are not alone.

Keep at it. We will get there together.

Same here!
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    I know what you're talking about, Cdavis. I had two c-sections over 20 years ago and nothing works - not crunches, sit ups, leg raises, cardio, losing weight, etc. My doctor told me short of getting a tummy tuck, there's nothing much I can do since some of the pouch is probably made up of scar tissue. And then to add insult to injury, I had my appendix removed a few months ago and the pouch is even worse. I really hate my belly also.
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    I had an emergency c-section 24 years ago and they cut me up and down not across. I will never ever lose that pouch except if i hit the lottery and can get a tummy tuck. Oh, to dream about tummy tucks and lipo? LOL

Crunches and use those machines at the gym, if you go to the gym for the abs.

Yes, Im in this boat too -- I have had 3 c-sections (one, the last one being an up/down cut)....i know that I will always have that pooch - but this is more then that....this is belly faT! ugh
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    I have that hateful belly pooch myself. I can say proudly it came from my five babies. I have made great strides in lessening that gut. Maybe my brother won't ask me if I am prego next time. I will crunch and crunch and crunch and crunch and know I will never be perfect in the belly department. The thing frustrating me now is that I always had a great butt. Now there is wiggly jiggly fat under my butt that is not tightening up like it used to........... :(
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    My quite fit 19 year old was showing me how to do "planks" the other night, as he said they would be the way to define my midsection now that I am losing weight. You would probably be best to ask a fitness trainer or google it, rather than me explain it, but it is a definite way to focus on your belly. Will let you know later (as I have just started doing them myself) if I see results too.
This discussion has been closed.