Pre/Post Workout Snacks 4 Recovery?

Hi all, I'm curious what people eat or take to promote muscle recovery? I am part or a competitive sport and we recently started having long training sessions on Sundays. Monday through Wednesday, it feels like my legs are going to fall off, my hip-flexors are especially sore during these days. Besides stretching, I bet you all have some ideas about what to eat for pre and post workout snacks to help recovery time...please share.

Replies

• I work out mid-morning, often doing 4 days of weight training and 6 of cardio. My breakfast is usually oatmeal w/ raisins, bananas, and chai seeds, lots of vitamins, and tons of water to hydrate before I head to the gym. Afterwards, I eat a protein bar such as EAS Lean 15 followed by a light protein packed lunch (chicken or fish) w/ quinoa and veggies or Greek yogurt w/ nuts and veggies. I eat six small meals a day throughout the day, which I find really helps me curb hunger,keeps me energetic, and seems to help stave off soreness. Hope this helps!
  • I participate in schools sports which usually include intense daily workouts and before workout I have a Stinger waffle which is a natural source of energy. And for afterwards I have a hand full of trail mix (nut variety) and a glass of chocolate milk. The protein in the nuts and chocolate milk go straight to recovery within 30 minutes of completing your workout!
  • PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Depends upon the exercise, but for running I have a peanut butter sandwich on wholemeal bread beforehand, and chocolate milk afterwards.