calories-Cheeseburger n fries

Options
i had a cheeseburger with sauteed onions, peppers, and mushrooms, mozzarela cheese, a side of fries and ketchup. how many calories do you think this is? i had lunch at a local diner and dont know how to put this into my lunch...so ill take an average.

burger n fixin's- 500calories
fries (inc ketchup) - 300 calories

Id like to know your thoughts. :huh:

Replies

• luvya7sandra796
    luvya7sandra796 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    That Find, you ate it. Make sure you exercise today and eat a light dinner!
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    That's probably a pretty reasonable estimate. It's hard to say, without seeing the meal myself but I think you're about on track. The burger may have been a little higher than 500 but probably not more than 600. (I'm assuming 200 for the bun and a 73/27 ground beef mix rather than something leaner which is 340 cals for 4 ozs)

The general rule for estimating ounces of meat is that 3 ozs is the size of a deck of cards.

Sometimes, too, when i eat at a Mom and Pops type place, I'll log a similar meal from a chain like Applebees or something. At least i know it's close.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, too, when i eat at a Mom and Pops type place, I'll log a similar meal from a chain like Applebees or something. At least i know it's close.

I do that too sometimes. I'll also break meals down into their parts, log the veggies (sauteed in oil since they were cooked on the griddle with the animal fats), cheese, burger, bun, etc.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    GOod idea La Curandera! :)