Fish Tacos

Options
MTGirl
MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
I made these last night - sooo yummy!

Yogurt sauce:
1 tub plain yogurt, drained or Greek yogurt
2 cucumbers, sliced, drained and add to yogurt (quarter slices first if desired)
Cilantro leaves, to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
1 finely diced jalapeno - or to taste
(This makes a lot of sauce, you could halve or quarter if desired)

Mix and let set for a few hours/all day.

Marinade:
1 - 2 tbsp olive oil
juice of 4 limes
cilantro leaves to taste
salt & pepper to taste

Place white fish fillets - I used Tilapia - in marinade for a couple of hours - or longer but the fish will begin to cook from the acid.

Other ingredients:
Tortillas - I used Mission Whole Wheat Carb Control Fajita size tortillas
Cabbage - shredded
Avocado slices

Grill the fish fillets - I used my George Foreman grill - or cook however you wish. Char tortilla - put @2 oz of fish on tortilla, add avocado slices if desired, top with shredded cabbage to taste and put about 1/8 - 1/4 cup of yogurt sauce on top and enjoy. Very messy - use lots of paper towels/napkins! But oh so good :heart:

About 200 calories per taco - depending on tortillas used, fish chosen, etc.

Replies

• cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've been doing fish tacos for months now! Love them! But hubby wouldn't like the yogurt sauce. I make mine with low sodium salsa. I warm up the salsa and add a hit of cayenne to make it spicy. I also use ortego hard taco shells, nuke them for a few seconds to warm then up, split 4 oz of fish (tilapia!) into two taco shells, top with a bit of red onion, lettuce and then the warmed salsa. We each get two. Hubby looked at me like i was crazy the first time I made them, but he loves them! Serve with a salad on the side and it's plenty to eat.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    yum! bump :smile:
  • alisaperry74
    Options
    bump
  • MTGirl
    Options
    I've been doing fish tacos for months now! Love them! But hubby wouldn't like the yogurt sauce. I make mine with low sodium salsa. I warm up the salsa and add a hit of cayenne to make it spicy. I also use ortego hard taco shells, nuke them for a few seconds to warm then up, split 4 oz of fish (tilapia!) into two taco shells, top with a bit of red onion, lettuce and then the warmed salsa. We each get two. Hubby looked at me like i was crazy the first time I made them, but he loves them! Serve with a salad on the side and it's plenty to eat.

My hubby thought he didn't like yogurt - but I caught him eatying a gyro (or however you spell that greek sandwich) with a yogurt sauce. He liked this too! It takes on a different flavor with the herbs, seasoning and being drained. But some people still don't like it - salsa works great too! I :heart: fish tacos - never thought I would have said something like that!! Ever! :laugh:
  • gnme4243
    gnme4243 Posts: 120
    Options
    Those sound wonderful, thanks for sharing the recipe! Love fish tacos but never made them before, the recipe you shared sounds perfect- yum on the sauce too!! :flowerforyou: (can you tell I am kinda hungry now...lol)
  • HeatherBurke
    Options
    bump for later
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try this!
  • MTGirl
    Options
    Let me know how you guys like it if you try it - we really liked them - even my 5 year old. The teenager won't touch fish. Or cabbage. I made her regular ground beef tacos :laugh: