Officially 30 lbs lost and now have graduated C25K!!!!

Options
thebuz
thebuz Posts: 221 Member
Just had to share. :-)

Replies

• runnermama74
    Options
    Congrats!! On both the 30 lbs and the C25K! I followed the Couch to 5K program when I first started trying to lose weight 4 years ago. It's a great, effective & safe program. I could barely run 30 seconds when I started the program. But this past October, I ran the Chicago Marathon. Which I never would have ever dreamed was possible. And it all started with C25K! Good luck!
  • huizenm
    huizenm Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great job on both! Amazing accomplishments!! Are you doing the Bridge to 10K next?
  • taranj21
    taranj21 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    fantastic job!! i am going to start c25k after i finish insanity,
    i'm only on day 2, and dying....but i am determined to finish!!
    do you have before/after pics?
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Congrats Doll awesome progress! I graduated C25K last year and have since run a few 5ks. I'm looking to run bigger races this year.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    How cool is that?! Great job!
  • Riverdalecheermom
    Options
    Congratulations on the 30# that is awesome! I started C25K and am in my 2nd week. I've never been a runner but hope this is a start. I love hearing stories of people that are successful with it, it inspires me! Congratulations again on all your hard work :)
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    fantastic you must be over the moon and just think what more you can do and all them run and events you can compleat so keep it up
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    COngrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • thebuz
    Options
    Congrats!! On both the 30 lbs and the C25K! I followed the Couch to 5K program when I first started trying to lose weight 4 years ago. It's a great, effective & safe program. I could barely run 30 seconds when I started the program. But this past October, I ran the Chicago Marathon. Which I never would have ever dreamed was possible. And it all started with C25K! Good luck!

That's amazing. I'm so inspired by your marathon! :-) I remember the 30 second runs and can't believe how far I've come! On to C210K I go..... Running a 10K in April so no time to dither about. Back to the dreaded interval training. LOL
  • thebuz
    Options
    Great job on both! Amazing accomplishments!! Are you doing the Bridge to 10K next?

Yup. I start that tonight and am running the Vancouver Sun Run in April. !0K and 40,000 runners. Eeeeeekkkkkkk... what was I thinking?
  • thebuz
    Options

No pics but down 2 pant sizes and almost down another this month.
  • thebuz
    Options
    Congratulations on the 30# that is awesome! I started C25K and am in my 2nd week. I've never been a runner but hope this is a start. I love hearing stories of people that are successful with it, it inspires me! Congratulations again on all your hard work :)

The program teaches you soooooo much more than how to run. It teaches you confidence in your abilities. How to overcome mental barriers and every week you will have a new personal best (pace/distance etc). I think it's one of the most rewarding things I've ever done. I hope you get the same out of it that I did! :-)
  • thebuz
    Options
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    congratulations on achieving BOTH!!! I have ran out of how many people I know who say they will do c25k after they lose weight..you have totally debunked their argument :-) you should be incredibly pleased and proud!
  • runnermama74
    Options
    The program teaches you soooooo much more than how to run. It teaches you confidence in your abilities. How to overcome mental barriers and every week you will have a new personal best (pace/distance etc). I think it's one of the most rewarding things I've ever done. I hope you get the same out of it that I did! :-)
    [/quote]

This is so true! I love that you said it :) Have fun with the Vancouver race - I LOVE the big races! They are so fun & festive! And I love having a race on the calendar, it keeps me motivated! Have fun & good luck!
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Can c25k be done on a treadmill?
  • thebuz
    Options
    Can c25k be done on a treadmill?

I did mine outside but many people here on map have used the treadmill.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!