Just read about eating over limit... advice?

Options
I just read this http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 and I'm trying to take in all the new info.

I'm a 5'2" female, my heaviest was last May at 153 pounds- I was eating 1,260 at that point. I used MFP on and off between May & September and ended up at 145 pounds. After that I tossed "dieting" out the window- ate what I wanted, drank too much and didn't get any traditional exercise. I was surprised when I weighed myself last Tuesday at 140- but I did also stop using birth control in that time frame, I'm not what or if any of my loss can be attributed to that.

Fat2Fit puts me at 1,736 for sedentary (I have a desk job) and 1,990 for lightly active.

How much should I be eating? Will I see a spike in my weight initially when I increase my calories?

Replies

• nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I posted about this earlier. My trainer told me last night that I need to eat at least 2000 calories on workout days. I have a desk job as well but I'm 5'1, weigh 141 pounds, and I workout 5 days a week for atleast 1 hour or more. All of my workouts are high intensity type of workouts, I rarely have a easy day lol. I was also worried that my weight would go up. I'm starting today to try to reach 2000 calories a day. I'll keep you posted to let you know if my weight goes up or down. Feel free to add me.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    I am the same height and started at 149.....have always been on 1300 calories.
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options

1300 Net....i eat most of my exercise calories
  • Brianna716
    Brianna716 Posts: 303 Member
    Options

Did it ask you to adjust your calories as you lost weight? It asked me when I hit 140. How long have you been using MFP?
  • Brianna716
    Options
    I posted about this earlier. My trainer told me last night that I need to eat at least 2000 calories on workout days. I have a desk job as well but I'm 5'1, weigh 141 pounds, and I workout 5 days a week for atleast 1 hour or more. All of my workouts are high intensity type of workouts, I rarely have a easy day lol. I was also worried that my weight would go up. I'm starting today to try to reach 2000 calories a day. I'll keep you posted to let you know if my weight goes up or down. Feel free to add me.

I don't have that much time to work out- my goal is 3 x week. Is that you at 141 in your pic? You look awesome there!
  • Brianna716
    Options
    bump- other thoughts?
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options

Did it ask you to adjust your calories as you lost weight? It asked me when I hit 140. How long have you been using MFP?

Actually, if I let MFP do it, it puts me at 1200. It never lowered it because it wont set u less than 1200. I have been here a year. J manually changed it to 1300 myself.
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options

I don't have that much time to work out- my goal is 3 x week. Is that you at 141 in your pic? You look awesome there!

yes in the purple dress I was probably around 140. I been struggling to get to 130's and I cannot get there for the life of me lol