Best Heart Rate Monitor

Options
2»

Replies

• estilljs
    Options
    Thank you all...I do wet it, but maybe I'm not getting it wet enough...I will try :)
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Is the actual watch part of the Polar Ft4 or Ft7 bulky, or the size of a normal watch? It's hard to tell when you can't see it one someone's wrist.
  • jessica_2990
    jessica_2990 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The FT4 is awesome! I don't think it's too bulky compared to others on the market :)

If you're after one that tracks how far you've walked/ran I suggest the Garmin Forerunner 10.

But the Polar FT4 is perfect if you just want to calculate the calories you've worked off!
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    The question is best HRM. I have owned them all just about and every model from Suunto wins with me hands down. Currently using the ambit which encompasses every feature known to man basically. Super easy to use, awesome web site to track and share, as well as adjust settings easily. Some of the brands less capable HRM also come in high on my list. Again, easy non giving and user friendly. I find this brand to be stylish as well, not bad for a watch around town. Now, they are expensive but I truly believe you get what you pay for. If I lost mine tomorrow I would be out purchasing a new one right away. They are just that good. I swim, hike and participate in mud runs with mine. No issues yet.

Now that we have what I believe to be the best we can talk about another great brand found more often in the mainstream of things. I used polar HRM and they do the job. Do they look pretty? Are they as easy to setup and change factors? Perhaps could use a few changes here and ther but we are talking about much much less financially here. They power up and for the most part track hr consistently. Nothing bad to say about them at all. Mostly no computer connectivity and lack of peripherals is a negative for me I guess. And Suunto chest band is so comfortable and clips in, no need to squeeze it overhead.

Testing a garmin forerunner 200 now and kind of love it. Slick looks, has been accurate and easy to use. Garmin connect web software is pretty decent as well. Not as nice and thoughtful as suunto moves count but nice none the less.
    Lots of choices and you just have to decide what's important. Chest strap most importantly. Good luck!
  • xcmtnracer
    xcmtnracer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I've had great luck with my blue tooth Zephyr HRM and Android app Sport Track Live, almost two years of solid performance.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Is the actual watch part of the Polar Ft4 or Ft7 bulky, or the size of a normal watch? It's hard to tell when you can't see it one someone's wrist.
    http://www.bodytronics.com/c/polar_ft_series_heart_rate_monitors

This is a great site to view the FT4 & the FT7 up close so you get a real idea how large the one version is over the other.

I've found this to be the lowest cost on the web...I think you can still use the discount code of POPO like 5% off and the postage and handling is all free.

SALE PRICE: $79.95 Code:POFT7
    SALE PRICE: $65.95 Code:POFT4

Bummer! Looks like they went up a few dollars from last time I checked out the website but I think it's still a pretty decent price for a new one.

Have fun picking one out!!:happy:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodytronics.com/p/polar_heart_rate_monitors/POFT40

For those of you that mentioned you have the FT40 and love it, what can share about it? Why did you pick this one over other models, what additional features etc does it have. This one looks like it runs around $119 which is a bit more than the others I mentioned but I want to get one that I'm glad I got, not one that's the cheapest.

So... FT40 Polar HRM... would love to hear from users your thoughts on this!:tongue: Appreciate it:drinker:
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Do you ever have a problem with it not registering your heartbeat? I get 00 sooo much..Have to stop and start it a million times to get it to register, and then sometimes it goes to 00 during my workout and doesn't count cals!! I've changed batteries, cleaned everything and it still does it...Just wondering if it's just me.

I've had this happen and I think I figured out the problem. So long as I wear the right sports bra and keep the "bounce" to a minimum, it reads without issue. :blushing: