Looking for 5' 5" starting at about 245

Options
I am looking for a few success stories to encourage me and can't wait to read about your success! Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• slepygrl
    slepygrl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and started at 234. I am down to 179. You can do it!!!!
  • MANDYG4400
    MANDYG4400 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I am 5'5" 235...just starting over again with this. So far so good. Keep it up! Remember...its more about health than anything else. I don't want to have high cholesterol, high blood pressure or diabetes...I am pre- on everything. I am only 37 and it is scary. I am making this change now! Good luck and keep coming back here. People are amazing on this site!
  • MANDYG4400
    MANDYG4400 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What were your little goals? Right now, mine is 5lbs a month.
  • sarahbrown1015
    sarahbrown1015 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 4 started at 289 and am down to 238!
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This is exactly where I was last news years. I am down 42 pounds last year, and am going for another 40 pounds this year.
  • tarachamp
    tarachamp Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    5'4 started at 221# size 18/20. Now I am 189# size 12/14 :) Aiming for another 30# loss this year and single digit jeans.
  • wendyj910
    wendyj910 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and started out at 255. I'm down 21 pounds in 130 days!!!
  • Bethann680
    Bethann680 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'2" but I started out at 238.8 and wore a size 22W and 2XL. In the last year I have gotten down to 136.2 and now wear a size 10 and medium! It is totally possible to do. I always said that I hated exercise but once I started and saw how it changed my body I found that I actually really love it. I look forward to going to the gym! Just stick with it.
  • darisey
    darisey Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I started at 5'5 and 242lbs. I am now around 205 :)
  • EmmaleighM
    EmmaleighM Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'5... started at 278 and I'm down to 250!
  • carbfreak75
    Options
    Do you guys work out alot ? I have 75 lbs I need to lose. I would like to lose 50 by june, just wondering how much exercise I would need to do in conjunction with my diet.
  • rockermom5
    Options
    I am 5'5" and started at 268 - down 21 lbs so far. You can do it! :)
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Im 5' 3" and interested on how everyone is doing here. Im currently sitting around 216 and into week three of my health committment I set for the year.
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Do you guys work out alot ? I have 75 lbs I need to lose. I would like to lose 50 by june, just wondering how much exercise I would need to do in conjunction with my diet.

I am around 5'4" and I started at 255. I've lost 52lbs in around 5 months. I just walk on the treadmill a few times a week for 30-45 minutes (I had to work up to that).
  • wendyj910
    wendyj910 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

I started of walking, and then that turned into jogging. I am up to 3 miles! I hit a plateau and needed something different. My boyfriend and I do Insanity. We have just over 2 weeks left. I love it and have surprised myself with what I can do. I've lost 8 pounds from that and an insane amount of inches...the last time I measured I had lost 4" from my chest, 5" from my waist and 6" from my hips! After Insanity we are going to start Combat.
  • asmile123
    asmile123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4.5" and i started at 265 a year ago. Today I am at 218. please feel free to friend me and hit me up for any advice. I didn't have any friends or outside motivation last year, but this year i am really looking to make some friends on here!
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I started at 264 and I am down to 224 so far.
  • samanthabernardo
    samanthabernardo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can safely lose between 1-2 pounds a week by eating a calorie set amount. It is hard, takes a lot of documenting but if you want it badly enough...it can be done. I was 234 lbs back in 2008. I worked hard for two years and lost nearly 80lbs. I did it by keeping track of my calories, eating healthier and combining (couch to 5k) with YMCA water aerobic classes. I did not actually run until four months in due to my weight and how badly my knees had become.
    Warning though, I slacked off over the past two years, less and less working out and old eating habits creeping in. I am back up to 200lbs but can still run a 5k in 40minutes.
    Hope you find your path.
  • carrielofton
    carrielofton Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and am just starting back at 211.6 lbs. I am 37 years old and have a 6 1/2 year old.
  • aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    5'5 here(thought I was 5'7 due to incorrect measurements :-( ), started at 234 July 29, 12, highest 241, I am now 182 as of 1/14/13
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!