Eat all you want and still lose weight???

Options
2»

Replies

• SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Fourth time I've seen this topic this week!! You'll probably get the same responses the other 3 did.

I do eat all I want and I still lose weight... and guess what? I don't need to get my stomach pumped! Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean everyone will go and get one :flowerforyou:

The search function on this site isn't the greatest so I apologize for the repeat.

Besides, I'm bored at work, why not see the responses in real time?
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    may as well just go on a diet of eating dollar bills

Just as cost effective, right? Although probably not as tasty...
  • sanvanhaaften
    Options
    No, no way! this sounds awful :sick:
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    No one's ever heard of self control? Shesh...

I have none. Sign me up. lol. Okay, totally kidding but it is kind of tempting.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Fourth time I've seen this topic this week!! You'll probably get the same responses the other 3 did.

I do eat all I want and I still lose weight... and guess what? I don't need to get my stomach pumped! Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean everyone will go and get one :flowerforyou:

The search function on this site isn't the greatest so I apologize for the repeat.

I bet a few years ago people were saying "Eat what you want, get massively overweight and then go and have a band fitted/stomach stapled" etc but people see it as commonplace now, for all the "eww" comments I bet at least one person is thinking they've just found their "magic pill" :noway: :huh:
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options

I bet a few years ago people were saying "Eat what you want, get massively overweight and then go and have a band fitted/stomach stapled" etc but people see it as commonplace now, for all the "eww" comments I bet at least one person is thinking they've just found their "magic pill" :noway: :huh:

Right, but does the band allow you to continue that Eat what you want, get massively overweight lifestyle? Behaviors have to be modified and hard work has to be put in to succeed after gastric bypass/lap band.
  • Dementedllama
    Dementedllama Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    If people would stop being so damn lazy, get off their *kitten*, WORK OUT, and watch what they eat, disgusting devices like this wouldn't be necessary. Pure laziness is all that is. Lose weight the right way.

My opinion, no offense intended.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

Amen. It seems like a more mechanized form of Alli--basically crapping/purging/leaking out the fat you ate.
  • Dawnymaries
    Options
    I really don't like the idea.

I think of it kind of like medically facilitated bulimia. I don't think that's the message we should be giving people about losing weight.

My thoughts exactly.
  • a778c466
    a778c466 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    That *kitten* cray. Lol. For real though, that is avoiding the real problem at hand.
  • Snikkee
    Snikkee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I eat food because I need it for energy, not because I like the taste. To me this seems pointless.

I am trying to make out what your profile picture is...
  • babymaddux
    babymaddux Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i read about that a few weeks ago. i almost lost everything i'd eaten that day without needing the pump! the concept is horrific and the idea that someone is actually creating and marketing it just makes me think we have lost the plot completely!
    then again, i feel similarly about gastric bypasses and i have several friends who've had it done with varying degrees of success. each to their own i guess. i'd rather spend a little more time thinking about what i am choosing to eat and how it's going to affect my insides, instead of thinking about how quickly i can get it out of me again.
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    i read about that a few weeks ago. i almost lost everything i'd eaten that day without needing the pump! the concept is horrific and the idea that someone is actually creating and marketing it just makes me think we have lost the plot completely!
    then again, i feel similarly about gastric bypasses and i have several friends who've had it done with varying degrees of success. each to their own i guess. i'd rather spend a little more time thinking about what i am choosing to eat and how it's going to affect my insides, instead of thinking about how quickly i can get it out of me again.

While I wouldn't make the choice to have gastric bypass for myself, I don't judge others for using the tools available to them in that way. Gastric bypass may make it so you can only eat very little which is controversial in itself, but it does not allow you to continue to ingest the large quantities of food that allowed you to reach the size that you would need something like that...

It just seems wrong to me.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options

Right, but does the band allow you to continue that Eat what you want, get massively overweight lifestyle? Behaviors have to be modified and hard work has to be put in to succeed after gastric bypass/lap band.

I also want to point out that for the Lapband, you are required several YEARS of being on a "waiting list" during which time they evaluate your eating habits, exercise habits, and you must show that you have tried some sort of diet/exercise regimine (such as WW) without success. That said, I still don't think it is necessary in most cases (yes, there are definitely medical extremes wherein this sort of surgery or device is needed, but that is the extreme)