New Kid on the Block.

Options
Hey everyone! I'm Rachel and I'm a 21 year old student from Northern Ireland (in the UK, for those who don't know!) although I'm currently in the middle of a year abroad in Valencia, Spain!

Basically, I guess, I'm one of the influx of "New Year, New Me" folks that seem to populate the world's gyms in January, and the world's McDonalds in February!

However, this year, I'm determined to make it stick, for a couple of reasons.

The first is that in a few years, (planning ahead!) I'm intending to go travelling with my best friend, and to be perfectly honest, I don't want to be the heifer in the photos... yes, slightly superficial, but I digress... my friend is slim and blonde and fit, and hot, and all of those words that I never use to describe myself, and I'm tired of it!

Secondly, I guess I'm just fed up with being the "big and funny" friend that everyone seems to have. I want to not have to deal with crap from guys on nights out, who find it hilarious when they talk to the "big girl". This wasn't helped by an alleged "friend" who decided that it would be a great idea to tell me that "No one actually likes you, they all just think of you as some big, tall freak" ****head ex-friend 1- Self Esteem -6782.

Finally, I was born with a condition that puts me at high risk of blood clots and high blood pressure, so obviously, it's important to me to get in shape, as I know that everytime I overeat I am putting myself in more and more danger.

So yeah, that's my story so far. Somehow found my way onto MFP, and I just thought it would be a good idea to put myself out there for once, and if anyone wants to help or support me on my journey, I'll do the same for you!

Sorry for rambling!

Rachel

x

Replies

• NikiTony
    NikiTony Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been on here before, but it's always great to have some motivation and support! I'd be happy to follow you on your journey to happier/healthier lifestyle! WOO! LET'S DO THIS! :D
  • RachelM788
    Options
    Yeahh boi! (Sorry, I call everyone boi, it drives my friends crazy!)
  • olethiaw
    Options
    You will do it!!!!! and keep the positive people around who you , who also believe you CAN DO IT! ( YEAH BOI!)
  • RachelM788
    Options
    Cheers :)
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    My name is Luka. I live on the second floor.
  • RachelM788
    Options
    I live upstairs from you.
  • Jeredward
    Jeredward Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this site, too. Good luck on obtaining your goals! I'll gladly help in any way that I can. Where are you planning on travelling (in a few years)?
  • RachelM788
    Options
    Thanks, the support means a lot!

I'm hoping to sort of go everywhere! I think South East Asia will be the first stop for a month or two, maybe Oz, Brazil, Peru, Mexico, and then the States to visit respective friends and family!
  • kristy_n0831
    kristy_n0831 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Seems as though we've had similar bad experiences in the past. We can do this! Feel free to add me!