Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Do you have a specified cheat day?

13»

Replies

• Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    why is this called a CHEAT day or meal?
    Why use the word CHEAT?

I am sorry with all due respect, I can't use words like cheater, nor can I say I am dieting.

If you eat something unhealthy, just move on and move on quickly so that you don't make yourself nuts. :

i use the word cheat, because TO ME, i am cheating on MY PLAN twice a month. i use the word diet, because FOR ME, im dieting until i reach maintenance, i will not always be eating at a deficit. all of us have different goals and outlooks on what we are doing here... i know for me, i use the words that i feel best describe what i feel im doing. to each thier own.
  • devan33
    devan33 Posts: 177 Member
    I work really hard all week to do well and just have a healthy week. Saturday is the day when the kids are home and we might order pizza or subs, maybe hit the mall and have dinner out.
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    i may stray later in the game. but i dont have a cheat day. i do eat what i want if my calories and exercise allow me to do so. i have had fast food and just made brownies tonight.
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    I don't plan chat meals, they seam to find me. My husband and I decided to do brunch on Sunday, if I had planned a cheat meal for Friday I would have been SOL. But I went, enjoyed myself and got back on track for dinner.
  • katiefridley
    katiefridley Posts: 151 Member
    My boyfriend comes to see me at school every other weekend. I use this time to relax what I eat and I only log when I feel like it when he is up.
  • I've never done this. What has worked for me is eating pretty much whatever I want, but in smaller portions than I used to, and certain things less often than I used to. I fit thing into my calorie goal, and try and hit my macronutrient targets. I haven't given any food up, so if I want to eat cake, I'll eat cake. If I want to drink wine, I will. I just know I have to exercise a little self-control, and I can't eat all the things I like, every day, in unlimited quantities.

Sometimes I do go over my calorie goal if it's a special occasion and I choose not to restrict myself. That's just part of life though, not a dieting strategy.

THIS! My ex-fiance went to culinary school, took dietary classes, all that, and he told me to not worry so much about WHAT I eat, but more about HOW MUCH I eat. He said as long as I stay within my calorie limit and don't just go crazy, then I can eat pretty much whatever I want. If I feel deprived, it's harder for me to stick with it.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    No.

Who are your cheating? Your body knows what you ate.

Fine to figure out when you'll eat a bit differently... a higher limit for a meal or a day, or a special treat. If you eat something regularly, it's no longer a special treat it's a regular food.

If you like having a "guilty" pleasure, do what works for you.

If you consider what you eat as a short-term diet rather than a lifestyle change, your results are also likely to be short-term. So figure out what you can live with for a long, healthy lifetime.

Good luck!
  • Wow , thanks for all the advice :)
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    I don't specify a 'cheat day'. obviously, some days I will over eat my allowance, but I try not to, but if I have to, I enjoy my food guilt free and work out the next day. framing it as a 'cheat day' mans it's wrong to do, but i treat this as a lifestyle and not a jail term :-)

What he said.