5k for an old lady

Options
marekdds
marekdds Posts: 2,211 Member
I don't normally post stuff, but today I had a lovely NSV. Two years ago, I couldn't walk half a mile w/o wanting to call the paramedics. Today I ran (6mph) a 5k in less than 31 minutes. Certainly not world class, but my personal best, and not bad for a 60 year old, lifelong couch potato. To all of you, don't wait as long as I did to get healthy. If I can do it, you can too.

Replies

• Mara_
    Mara_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm twenty, and I never ran a 5K under the 34 minutes haha.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I am super impressed! WTG!
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    From one older old lady to a younger old lady, you ROCK!
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Fantastic!!
  • CharliesInCharge
    CharliesInCharge Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    very impressive fantastic job.. you should be very proud
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic, congrats!
  • BadAzzBea
    BadAzzBea Posts: 461
    Options
    I don't normally post stuff, but today I had a lovely NSV. Two years ago, I couldn't walk half a mile w/o wanting to call the paramedics. Today I ran (6mph) a 5k in less than 31 minutes. Certainly not world class, but my personal best, and not bad for a 60 year old, lifelong couch potato. To all of you, don't wait as long as I did to get healthy. If I can do it, you can too.

You already know how much you inspire me. Bravo to you. Congrats to the most beautiful woman here. Cheers Jen!!
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • CassieK80
    CassieK80 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well done, that's amazing! I'm a way off being able to do that yet, you've inspired me :) xxx
  • donnastartas
    Options
    Excellent!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Wonderful accomplishment!
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! Way to be an inspiration and congrats on a job well done and earned! :drinker:
  • chanice11
    chanice11 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration to me, that i am glad to see you reach further than ever before. It shows how persistent hard work pays off!
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Not sure who is in the pictures, but I certainly see no old lady :D
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Great effort thats inspiring! You should be proud of yourself. I have also recently started C25K and already starting to enjoy little bit of jogging. I wish the pains go away quickly so I put more effort into it.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Can't believe I am saying this, but it was sorta fun. Oh, that is me in the picture, thanks, sofie, for the lovely compliment.
  • k8tls
    k8tls Posts: 23
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! That is amazing. I am 26 and I did my first 5K about 8 months ago. I completed it in about 45 minutes and thought i was going to die but i COMPLETED it and I wasnt last. It was such a great feeling!
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing achievement! 5k in 31 mins is freakin' awesome! Old lady my *kitten*! :drinker:
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is a great success story.
    I am close to being able to but have yet to run 5K in a stretch. You inspire me to keep at it. (I would be ecstatic with your time)
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    In my country, you are considered middle aged and even the public transportation company makes you run after the bus easily :)) (and no free rides!)

Old here means "lady with thin white hair walking with a stick". So stop calling yourself old unless you feel that way!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!