RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    YES!

Seated Calf raises, standing calf rises and donkey calve raises

# times a week

One day do heavy 12 - 15 reps

One day do lighter and 25-35 reps

One day light to defeat
    Thanks! this week I began training calves 3 times a week [Tuesday - Thursday - Saturday].

I also do zumba and elliptical trainer for my cardio, but once I get rid of the 12 pounds I have left I'll reduce switch to HIIT and / or reduce my days of cardio.
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    How are those images not safe for work?

Where are you working? Kabul?

Just looks like a bloke in swimming trunks to me.
    Agreed. I don't see any sexual intentions in my picture O.o I covered my junk and didn't use suggestive underwear why did some people above made a deal out of it? no idea.

@Madone: I don't think it is genetics, my calves used to be huge [fat huge not muscle huge] so I guess I can make them grow.
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    Put some damn clothes on. There is no reason i need to see a grown man wearing hand-drawers in order to judge his calves. I open this page and it looks like I'm on the M4M section of craigslist at work.

Not cool bro
    I don't see what was innapropriate come on is not like I am wearing a jock strap or something it is just boxer briefs and I'm not showing anything - I can't ask for opinions on my legs using jeans.
  • dillydally123
    dillydally123 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be a post about livestock.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    NSFW - Not safe for work. If this is in the title, I can look around to make sure there aren't any co-workers hovering by. :flowerforyou:
    This.

Not trying to offend, but I didn't notice your calves because your crotch and butt are in my face.

^^---^^
    this!
  • madone7
    madone7 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Fat sits near the skin and you could have massive calves. Muscle in the calves is in a sleeve that is pre-disposed by genetics. No amount of training will help your calves look noticeably bigger.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options

Agreed, I wasn't at all offended by these pics, I see worse right outside my front door every day. No junk hanging out, nothing suggestive. if 1/3 of a guys covered buttocks are such a bad thing, don't ever go to the beach! ;)
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    NSFW - Not safe for work. If this is in the title, I can look around to make sure there aren't any co-workers hovering by. :flowerforyou:
    This.

Not trying to offend, but I didn't notice your calves because your crotch and butt are in my face.

^^---^^
    this!

How are you supposed to compare the ratio of calf to thigh if all of the thigh is not showing? The butt is covered - although admittedly, it exists.

The shots are much less racy than you would find in an anatomy & physiology textbook.
  • RodSuarez
    Options
    Fat sits near the skin and you could have massive calves. Muscle in the calves is in a sleeve that is pre-disposed by genetics. No amount of training will help your calves look noticeably bigger.
    damn =(
  • SteveJWatson
    Options
    I have no answer to he original question though - I guess you could try some squats and see if it helps. If not, they look like pretty normal legs to me, I wouldn't worry.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    calf raises (seated & standing ) heavy , high rep , and do them often.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

Agreed, I wasn't at all offended by these pics, I see worse right outside my front door every day. No junk hanging out, nothing suggestive. if 1/3 of a guys covered buttocks are such a bad thing, don't ever go to the beach! ;)

Of course you weren't offended...
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Yes, add another 3 inches
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    The size of your calves is genetic. No amount of exercise will make them bigger!

I cycle 6000 miles a year and have tiny calves...
    ^^^^^^^
    What he said. My hubby is a bodybuilder and when he trains some of these guys he has to tell them that upfront.
  • ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    it is funny that you have on underwear to show off your calves. I bet you got a lot of responses from men!
  • BiohazrD
    Options
    While it is true calves are largely genetic, that doesn't necessarily mean you are at your genetic limit. Train them and eat more and if they still don't get bigger then you are at your limit.
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    Can we judge your butt next?
    :smokin:
  • SteveJWatson
    Options
    it is funny that you have on underwear to show off your calves. I bet you got a lot of responses from men!

Its in comparison to his thighs...

One can look at the male form without being secretly gay, you know.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    "I thought this was going to be a post about livestock."
    [/quote]

I just snorted water over my keyboard so thanks for that :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Quote didn't work :grumble: