5:2 Fast

Options
Hi everyone

I just read about the 5:2 Fast this evening, and I'm going to start on it this week.

Is anyone out there doing the fast at the moment?

Replies

• LadyMud17
    LadyMud17 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi, there is an IF group,, just look it up under groups :) I start(ed) my fast as of an hour ago. There are all sorts of us, and all sorts of styles. check it out
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I fast, but not the 5 : 2. There is a group for intermittent fasting, it's very helpful. If you haven't already, I'd really recommend reading "Eat Stop Eat" by Brad Pilon, you want to go into it with as much information as you can!
  • Laurios
    Laurios Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm doing the 5:2 diet and I've lost 2kg in the first week. I weigh every morning just to make sure its not fluctuating.

I'm finding the starve days hard, but I have them on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I tend to end up with brown rice and vegetables for dinner, porridge (oats so simple plain made with water not milk) for breakfast. Skipping lunch is really hard but its worth it so you have most of your kcals at dinner when your more likely to fall off the wagon!

Good luck and let me know how you get on. Apparently its a life changing regime and can do wonders for you health.

PS. People are saying on your 5 days you can eat what you want. I recommend you still stay within the 2000 kcals and use fitness pal as you would normally. I'll be back to a normal size 14 in no time. I just want the tummy and back fat to go away.

PPS. Still do your exercise too!
  • Ruthiebabes1
    Options
    I have started today, and need moral support!!!

I am following my friends plan which is to skip breakfast and have a 180cal tin soup for lunch, and then rest of cals at dinner time. My days are Monday and Thursday. I am feeling hungry now but am determined to follow it (for at least 3 months and re-evaluate).

Who is finding this eating plan really working for them?