Still sore?

Options
I did some pretty intense workouts on Saturday and Sunday, which made it very difficult to sit down yesterday and today. I'm still very sore. Is it a bad idea to do my normal workout today?

Replies

• shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I would still do cardio at a min. Just stretch really good before and after.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    No, working out always makes me feel less sore. I don't know why - maybe just getting the blood flowing to the muscles again? Do what you can. If it gets really bad take some advil/tylenol and drink lots of water.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! =)
  • MattDustin
    MattDustin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yep, like they said, cardio helps. Getting blood to flow through those areas will deliver fresh oxygen and flush out the toxins, it's a big help. You can also try icing it then heating it, the ice constricts the blood vessels, and the heat opens them, bringing in fresh blood. Don't push too hard if it hurts, but the blood flow through the area will help loosen everything up.
  • TGIBriday83
    TGIBriday83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    a good rule of thumb is if you are so sore that you almost can't move than no, don't work out. if your just tender or sore in a nagging kind of way then by all means work out. working out while your still sore will actually help alleviate a lot of the soreness because it gets more oxygen and blood pumping to your muscles. since it hurt to sit it suggest doing some squats and hamstring curls with light weight. don't try and kill yourself, just do enough to get you blood pumping. and by all means try and stretch before and after. lastly, eating a banana, especially after an extensive cardio workout can help alleviate potential soreness because the potassium will help prevent and break down lactic acid build up in your muscles, the reason your muscles get sore.