What gets you back on track! Help!

Options
So I notice the only time I struggle with eatting is whe I go on vacation. This past weekend my boyfriend and I went to Frankenmuth, MI - where everything is served family style, etc. Its ohhh so bad but ohhhh so good.
That was Fri-Sun.

It's Tuesday and I'm still struggling to eat right. I feel like "well, i hate horribly, I feel fat and disgusted with myself...whats the point now."

How do you balance vacation-dieting? Help! What helps you get back on track?

Thanks all!

Replies

• andrear1979
    Options
    I say " take a day at a time that is the best thing" it happends to everybody : ) I hope that you find the motivation u need. There is nothing better than feeling good about your self RIGHT???
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I've found with me, any time I end up indulging for a couple days...once I go back to my healthier eating, I lose a couple pounds so that motivates me to get back on eating right instead of staying in my fatty stage, as I like to call it. :) Get back on the horse and ride it, girl!!
  • caityjean
    caityjean Posts: 40
    Options
    A vacation is a vacation- you shouldn't have to worry about every single morsel! Butttttt, when it's over, its over. Haha. If there are weekends I mess up I just focus really hard on eating well and upping my exercise the next week. Don't think 'what's the point?"! The point is that you want to be happy with what you see in the mirror! Everyday you get down on your self is just another day away from the body of your dreams.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    For me - I had to forgive myself. That was the key. When I didn't allow myself to enjoy vacation/holiday, etc., then beat myself up for enjoying it anyway I would fall into the spiral - Oh well. I already screwed up. Might as well eat this too. When I stopped and said "O.K. That was great - enjoyed it. I forgive myself for stepping out of the boundary, and I will now jump back to eating healthy and not beat myself up." Then I no longer spiraled out of control like that. Really, it only took a couple of times.

Hope you find something that helps! You can do this - make the decision right now that you are going to treat your body the way it deserves to be treated - great! With the occasional treat :)
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Hey, you just started back! You reached out and asked for help and support. So, it is on! Get to logging those calories, schedule a workout time that won't be interrupted and drink tons of water! Everyone deserves to enjoy their vacation. Now, as my sis says, "It's time to put your big girl panties on and deal with it!" :laugh: :heart: Face yourself and check in with some pals on MFP. We will hold you accountable! You are worth it! Wanna have a skinny day tomorrow to get yourself really motivated? Message me and I will join ya! There is power in numbers!:smile:
  • mamacassi
    mamacassi Posts: 131
    Options
    My weight loss began with a vacation. 40 pounds in 4 years. I saw pictures and said... wait.. Im as big as my aunt, Im as big as that object. And it got me to realize I am more than food or this. And I want people to be able to see that, and for myself mostly. So myself gets me back on track. Vacation is the worst, but idealy... keep on it when youre on a trip. It'll be hard as hell but you can do it. To get back in just don't blame yourself now. You did it, you'll be ok. You'll get on track for yourself and your health, if that isn't enough... then what is?