Bit of a rant!

Options
I am incredibly pissed off with myself! 2 weeks before Christmas I'd got down from 157 - 146 in 3 months!!!
..........And put it all back on within 3 weeks and it is NOT shifting!
I am so angry with myself!
It is just like when I was pregnant I thought f**k it I'll eat what I want as much as I want and worry about it later that's exactly what happened over Christmas and now I could literally just kick myself!
I wanted to be 143 before February 17th and I was soooooo close!
I know most people don't care what the scales say and just go on measurements/body fat/how they look and feel but I care what the scale and all the other things say.

:frown:

Sigh I don't know. but getting this off my chest has made me feel a little better.

Replies

• suzy1220
    suzy1220 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    It's not fair that it's so easy to put on and so hard to take off. I'm sorry that happened.
  • Amanda21202
    Amanda21202 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    It really isn't and devastating when it happens! Thank you hun :smile:
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    Fairs got nothing to do with it. Its choices we make, and I mean we, I know of few people who dont stall out or even gain over holidays, vacations, sick days, you name it, but the great thing is you did it once and now you can do it again.
  • Princess_Lee2013
    Princess_Lee2013 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat ...worked super hard to lose 20 pounds over Sept/Oct/November and then let it go a bit over the holidays and put back on around 8-10 pounds. Was very careful with eating/carbs and could only moderately exercise due to being sick but I guess a lot of it was water retention or something - within ten days was two pounds less than what I had been before the holidays. So have faith and maybe take ten days of being super strict and it will likely be easier to get back down this time than it was for you initially. Don't get too discouraged! And yes...it MAJORLY sucks and I appreciate your rant :)
  • Amanda21202
    Options
    I'm going to really try and do it again! I need to stop expecting it to drop off like everyone else's seems to have. I'm on day 8 of Insanity at the moment and my weight has still gone up :ohwell:
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'm going to really try and do it again! I need to stop expecting it to drop off like everyone else's seems to have. I'm on day 8 of Insanity at the moment and my weight has still gone up :ohwell:

read this for an explination

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/595473-why-the-scale-goes-up-with-a-new-workout-program-must-read
  • Amanda21202
    Options
    Thank hun! Really helpful, I had heard about a temp gain during insanity so I'm hoping by the next fitness test on day 15 some may have gone
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options

If you spend any time in the forums, you will know that not everyone else's weight just falls off :). There are a lot of equally frustrated people on this site. Please don't compare your weight loss to someone else's. Also, you are not starting off very high, so it will take longer for you. Good luck.
  • Amanda21202
    Options
    From what I looked into around 2-3 weeks into Insanity people have said that they lose their gain and then some......so here's hoping!

Thank you lovely :)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    90% of your weight loss will come from your diet or food intake. You can exercise as much as you want but you won't out exercise a bad diet. Fitness happens with exercise, weight loss happens in the kitchen. To put that much back on that quickly you must have done a lot more than just fall off the wagon a bit over the holidays. Learning mindful eating all the time goes a long way.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    90% of your weight loss will come from your diet or food intake. You can exercise as much as you want but you won't out exercise a bad diet. Fitness happens with exercise, weight loss happens in the kitchen. To put that much back on that quickly you must have done a lot more than just fall off the wagon a bit over the holidays. Learning mindful eating all the time goes a long way.

I agree with the above. Also, it sounds like you have some emotional issues to deal with in your relationship with food. (not judgement, just trying to help) Possible some counseling to help get a handle on that could help.
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I've been through the same thing. I was really depressed, thinking I must have a pathetically slow metabolism to put weight on that fast. Or maybe a genetic predisposition since my father was overweight his whole life and my brother is overweight too. There had to be a reason, right? It's just not FAIR!

Then when I started doing MFP, I did the calculators to determine my BMR and TDEE. My BMR is around 1900, my TDEE around 2900.

Next, I logged a typical day - a day like I had when I put all the weight on so quickly. My total calories came to around 3700 calories!

That was an eye-opening experience to say the least. I realized that I was just eating way, way, way too much food. There was no conspiracy, no low metabolism, none of that. When I started eating around 2,300 calories a day, the weight just came off like crazy. I've lost almost 40 pounds in 4 months.

So hang in there... don't get depressed, get MAD! Get serious about your weight-loss and make it happen.

Start right now.
  • Mamajeans1973
    Options
    if ur doing insanity workout, u may be building muscle too so just keep it up its just science, if u eat less and move more you WILL began to loose the weight again. and try not to be so so hard on yourself, you just have to plan on how not to sabotage yourself with negative self talk and mindless eating. go get your best self girl!
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm so there. I was down to 166 and Christmas brought me up to 171. *sigh* And it doesn't seem to want to come off either. I was 169.something last Friday, but as of this morning I was back up to 170.8. I'm looking at my food and my exercising and there is NO WAY I actually gained a pound. Grrr...