Who needs a laugh and loves burritos?

I majorly misbehaved yesterday and felt like crap this morning. Of course, bad food is a slippery slope and since I was struggling to find my footing in the pile of grease I ate yesterday, I knew I had to be extra careful today. And I was doing so well...

Guys, I'm not kidding.The following is a true story...

I stopped in a rest area on the Turnpike to use the restroom. It was pretty busy so I had to park near the food court, walk past that to get to the bathrooms. I calmly ignored all the yummy smells and sights as I had more important worries on my mind. Heading back was the problem. Had I known I would have walked outside in the cold to my car...

Just as I'm almost past the food line, this guy cuts me off and walks right in front of me with this oh so delicious plate of cheese and sauce smothered burrito, nachos, and crunchy tacos on the side. It's not my fault. He walked in front of me. It smelled and looked so good and it was right there under my nose! Before I caught myself, I was following him. Dog to a dinner bell analogy anyone?

Suddenly realizing I was nearing the tables the opposite direction of the door, I blinked and tried to make it seem as if I was looking for something or someone as I moved away... but I was seriously RIGHT BEHIND HIM.

To make matters worse, at the same time I was trying to make a sneaky exit, the guy turns his head and starts to say "Honey where do you want to sit?" I'm guessing he would have said "to sit" if he hadn't stopped in total shock and confusion. What else could I do?? "I'm so sorry, I'm changing my eating habits and that looked so good I was going to tackle you and steal your food." would have been a little too honest and upfront.

What did I do? I planted a flabbergasted look on my face, squeaked out a nervous chuckle and daintily threw a hand to my chest... Picture shocked mannered lady. "Oh my, you're not my Bob...I'm so sorry." And immediately I begin to turn around, back track and try to do my best to make it look like I've lost my Bob... Nope, just my mind...

Replies

• svtrich
    svtrich Posts: 24
    great story!! what kind of burrito?? sorry thats a weakness for me.:cry:
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Hilarious!!
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Awesome story!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    I love this story! :laugh: This makes my evening just a little better - thank you for sharing this!

(And I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing with a plate of biscuits and gravy topped with Tabasco sauce.....honestly, some days, it would be a risk)
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    great story!! what kind of burrito?? sorry thats a weakness for me.:cry:

Not sure it was so covered in sauce and cheese...

And, thank you for the kind replies. :laugh: They say mind over matter, but I think my stomach takes the lead sometimes. :happy: :blushing:
  • mcflat29
    I love this story! :laugh: This makes my evening just a little better - thank you for sharing this!

(And I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing with a plate of biscuits and gravy topped with Tabasco sauce.....honestly, some days, it would be a risk)

Welcome. I figured we've probably all been there a time or two. I once watched one friend tackle another friend for a Snickers bar... now I understand. :bigsmile:
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    LOL, I love burritos! I had 2 for dinner tonight. :blushing:
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Bob is my treadmill.
    I don't like Bob much, but we've been having this lunchtime meeting that's blossomed....
    I love burritos I love fajitas. I love quesedillas (think Cookout restaurant...wonderful stuff).
    I love FOOD. It's all I've thought about lately. I wish I thought of sex as much.
  • mcflat29
    Bob is my treadmill.
    I don't like Bob much, but we've been having this lunchtime meeting that's blossomed....
    I love burritos I love fajitas. I love quesedillas (think Cookout restaurant...wonderful stuff).
    I love FOOD. It's all I've thought about lately. I wish I thought of sex as much.

I do too. The really bad part about the story... I don't know any Bobs... it was just the first name that popped out. Odd considering my long time boyfriend is Mike... :laugh:
  • cosmic0074
    cosmic0074 Posts: 91 Member
    What did I do? I planted a flabbergasted look on my face, squeaked out a nervous chuckle and daintily threw a hand to my chest... Picture shocked mannered lady. "Oh my, you're not my Bob...I'm so sorry." And immediately I begin to turn around, back track and try to do my best to make it look like I've lost my Bob... Nope, just my mind...

Oh my god, why did I read this before going to the bathroom first!? :blushing: I knew I shouldn't have held. But, that was soo friggin funny :laugh:
  • mcflat29

Oh my god, why did I read this before going to the bathroom first!? :blushing: I knew I shouldn't have held. But, that was soo friggin funny :laugh:

Thank you... I try to make random strangers wet themselves at least twice a day... Keeps us all humble. :laugh: No, seriously, sorry about that :flowerforyou:

PS: How many people thought it was going to be a fart story? :bigsmile:
  • cosmic0074
    cosmic0074 Posts: 91 Member
    Lol! Now I want a burrito! :sad:
  • mcflat29
    Lol! Now I want a burrito! :sad:

Pssst... Secretly... Me too...
  • aritchey1977
    aritchey1977 Posts: 65 Member
    SO FUNNY!! I think you should get a job as a writer. You have a way with words. Loved it. Thanks for sharing.
  • jlynnekemp
    jlynnekemp Posts: 20 Member
    You had me at burritos, and that is a great story! Great acting, I wouldn't have known what to say and would have made a complete fool of myself!
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Loved it!
  • ericadawn92
    ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
    lol funny!! but GOOD JOB on not caving ;D
  • mcflat29
    SO FUNNY!! I think you should get a job as a writer. You have a way with words. Loved it. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you. Interestingly enough, I am a published writer. (I'm actually trying to figure out how to work the episode into a piece I'm working on) :wink:

And, the acting came natural. I've been getting myself out of embarrassing, sticky situations for years. :bigsmile:
  • mcflat29
    lol funny!! but GOOD JOB on not caving ;D

I was too worried if I said down to eat the guy would come by saying something like "Did you find Bob?" :blushing:
  • Ueropa
    Ueropa Posts: 73
    i_love_you_everything_burrito__heart__by_domoliciouspandagirl-d5bfwu5_zps303a4135.png

Who doesn't love burritos? The 5 pound burritos from qdoba are a huge weakness for me! If you must.. or on a naughty day.. taco bell has a chicken fresco burrito that's a better option and low in calories :)