2 fruits = 2 much sugar

According to this website, my daily goal for sugar should be 31. Today, I ate 1 banana (17 sugars) and home made pasta with meat sauce (17 sugars, 2 sugar from pasta, the rest from tomato, peppers, and other veggies), veggie sausage pattie (1 sugar), and raw tomato (3 sugars). I haven't had dinner yet and I'm already 4 sugars over my limit.
Is it just me or is this thing setting me up for failure?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    Someone posted a similar question. In short, don't stress sugar. If your carbs are moderate, you will be fine. Calories are way more important than sugar is. BTW, I eat over 100g of sugar a day and haven't had an issue with fat loss.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/329316-should-fruit-be-included-in-daily-sugar-intake
  • Keep is simple. Don't stress on sugars too much. They are carbs, stay under your carb goal and total calories and you'll succeed.
  • I'm rather new to the site....only 3 weeks in but I personally do not worry too much about my fruits. I do not have the sugar counts in my profile. I eat no sugar added red grapefruit sections almost daily, navel oranges, I use frozen fruit (3 mix) for my smoothie, strawberries.....To me, if I'm going to consume sugar, this is my sweet. Like anything else, just don't go overboard.