Physical Therapy?

sarajane84
sarajane84 Posts: 1 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I just started Physical Therapy for knee pain and I am wondering if I should put my exercises in my log. They're mostly strengthening exercises, to help my muscles hold my knee cap in the right spot. I tried looking a few of them up, but couldn't find them... Also, I'm not using any weights, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Replies

• poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Good luck with your PT - definitely log the exercises, even if you only use the general 'strength training' in the cardio section.
  • kingking
    kingking Posts: 64 Member
    If it gets your heart rate up, it's exercise. But you'd want a heart-rate monitor to know what to log.

(My shoulder PT was a good workout...My Achilles tendon PT isn't...so the answer is that it depends...)
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    I've done a lot of PT for knee problems (and later knee surgery). I guess it would depend upon the kind of exercises you are doing. I mean, log them/track them however you want. It is good to help you know the progress you are making. Whether or not they really create much of a caloric burn is different. I've done some slower, concentrated leg raises and isometric holds that definitely didn't get my heart rate up. I've also been prescribed plyometric exercises (lots of jumping). You bet those get logged because they get my heart rate up like nobody's business.
This discussion has been closed.