How long til you noticed a difference??

I'm just curious as I'm 2 weeks into the new year and the new program I've begun. Some days I swear I can already tell a difference, others I get frustrated (I KNOW TWO WEEKS...but i'm just the impatient type lol) anyways, i've hear it takes:
4 weeks til you notice
8 for others
12 for the world

I know these are not necessarily true, but I'm curious what you guys have experienced? Thanks!

Replies

• road2goal
    road2goal Posts: 29 Member
    I'm 2 weeks in and 5 1/2 lbs lost. I already had someone notice it in my face and I see a difference in clothes already.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    I just posted this in another thread about the same topic 15 minutes ago:

I've been going at this semi-major-seriously for 7 weeks. My wife has noticed a HUGE interest in my energy level and general mood since I started. No idea if this is standard or not...I assume everyone is different? Did you take pictures for your "before and after" comparison? I think it's tough to recognize changes because we look at ourselves in the mirror dozens of times/day. Kinda like a puppy or dog....I mean, sure you notice how big he's getting but it's kind of gradual....and then you look at pictures of when you first got him and are like "holy crap! remember how tiny you used to be?"

Keep it up. Hard work and discipline will pay off.
  • Congratulations,I lost 7 since Jan.1,working really hard at it.
  • I'm 2 weeks in and 5 1/2 lbs lost. I already had someone notice it in my face and I see a difference in clothes already.

That's awesome congratulations!!!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    You don't have much to lose, so you can't expect to see huge changes quickly. If you do want to see good results, I would recommend resistance or weight training combined with a moderate deficit. With as little as you have to lose, aiming for 1/2 lb per week is the max you should aim for.
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Part of my motivation for starting the diet again was that my clothes were getting tight. I notice a difference within a week. I'm nowhere near going down a clothes size yet, but I had just hit the point of needing to go up a size, and have managed to back away from that.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    The lower your starting weight, the sooner you'll notice. I noticed after a week in a half but I was never "overweight" to start. If someone was 400lbs, they would take much longer to start noticing the weight loss.
  • melindanew
    melindanew Posts: 150 Member
    Depends on how big you are when you start. At 130kgs when I started, it took something like four months before anybody noticed.

Now, someone will comment about every 10kgs or so. I'd suspect when I lose about another 10kg, every 5kgs or so will cause a noticable difference.