Evening Snack

Options
2»

Replies

• kelcro40
    kelcro40 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Do you have a snack before (or near) bedtime?

What time do you stop eating for the day?

I've found that I eat mindlessly at night and I am considering cutting my eating off at 7pm.

Looks like you have kids? I have 5. I realized I was waiting for them all to go to sleep so I could sit and eat in peace without being bothered. I could eat whatever I wanted without having to share or having to answer questions or be a referee. I just wanted to enjoy my food. I had to make the decision to stop doing this, even if it meant leaving the kids to my husband while I took my food in my room and locked the door and ate my food. Eventually I just got away from it. I do get a little hungry at night but will eat something like low fat cottage cheese, otherwise I wake up hungry in the middle of the night which is just not a good thing!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    My dietician recommends that I stop eating by 7pm. I have yet to do this as I tend to stay up late. Susan

Did your dietician ask what time you go to bed?
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I usually have a snack before bed to make sure my blood sugar isn't too dipped in the morning.
    Grains and proteins work well.
    I don't have a time I cut off eating, dinner is usually around 6 and my snack is around 8-9. Or sometimes dinner is 5 snack is 7:30.
    Just kinda 'whenever'.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I always make sure I have calories left over at night! I get cranky otherwise. Going to have 2 brownies right now. Normally, though it is some cheese, or peanut butter, or something like that. Or some chocolate. :) Easier when you are maintaining and have more calories to work with. Although, I usually did it when I was losing too.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    If I have a late afternoon snack, I eat less at night. But I have to really think about not eating unless I'm hungry.

You might look at your activities; some people eat because they're bored or stressed. Possibly you're used to just grazing all evening and aren't really thinking about what you're doing.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner about an hour before going to bed and have ice cream in bed right before going to sleep.