HUNGRY!!!! Feels like all the time!!!! HELP!!!!

Options
I feel like I'm hungry ALL the time. I can eat a meal and within an hour or less I'm hungry again. I work very hard to make sure I am eating well balanced food. Get my water in. I eat around 1500 calories a day. I eat healthy snacks in between meal but level of hunger at times is crazy. I try to just ignore it especially if I just ate a meal but this is getting really frustrating.

Any thoughts or input is much appreciated!!

Replies

• jnp96
    jnp96 Posts: 163
    Options
    I suffer the same thing. Sometimes it is simply cravings and not hunger. Distinguishing the difference can be tough at times.
  • chelseybennett1
    chelseybennett1 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Eat slow and drink A LOT of water. Eventually your body will get used to the decrease in calories.
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I get this way too when I have an imbalance in carbs to protein ratios. I would suggest a 2:1 ratio of carbs to protein with every meal.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I always think I am hungry... but its just bc i want to eat or i trick my brain into believing a craving is hunger....

If you are consuming 1500 calories each day then just try to keep ignoring it. Also maybe you should eat smaller meals so you can snack more so through out the day.
  • shenhannigans
    Options
    Are up you getting enough fibre? Fibre will help,ake you feel full for longer and will help stave off hunger.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    In order to lose weight, you are going to be hungry some of the time. You'll get used to it if you set your mind to it.
  • ROSE_arc
    Options
    I try to stay busy. I notice that i am a lot "hungrier" when i am moping around the house (not to suggest that this is what you are doing). When i am focused on something besides food and weight loss i forget about it and suddely its time for the next meal.
  • kirstinlee
    kirstinlee Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    What's your average daily sugar intake?
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Eat slow and drink A LOT of water. Eventually your body will get used to the decrease in calories.

This is totally true. However, if you are insulin resistant and don't know it, that can also cause you to always feel hungry. I just started on metformin and wow the difference after just a few days is crazy! I don't crave carbs anymore. and I don't feel hungry at all! I do have some negative side effects from the meds but they should go away soon...good luck! I hope yours is just a situation where your body just needs to adjust rather than you being insulin resistant. GOOD LUCK!! :flowerforyou:
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I started upping my protein ratio too a few days ago to see if that had any effect on my hunger. I still eat healthy & the same amount of calories, but I do think I'm noticing a little difference in just a 5-10% increase of protein - I seem to stay fuller a little longer & not get hungry quicker as I do with some carbs. It's not a huge change, just like an egg or two, or some yogurt, or a side of beans.
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Honesty, I feel full and satisfied most of the time now. I have added more fiber to my diet and make sure I get enough protein because I am vegetarian. Dont forget to drink your water ;)
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    protein... lots of it. that is how i made it through the first week. I eat eggs in the morning, almost every day, and eat veggie and carb for lunch, protein for snack, and then protein (turkey burger, fish, hell even cottage cheese sometimes) for dinner with some fruit, and i normally save a hundred or 200 calories for after dinner, just in case. If I am still hungry after dinner/before bed, i eat some cottage cheese. and i also drink like 72 oz of water in a day.
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I hear that!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    What's your height and weight? Activity level?

Are you getting enough fat and protein?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    In order to lose weight, you are going to be hungry some of the time. You'll get used to it if you set your mind to it.

Not necessarily. If you do it right hunger should be minimal. I've never gone hungry as long as I've been here.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Your diet looks healthy, and you're not shorting yourself on protein. I get really hungry sometimes, and some of the things that I work into my diet to curb my appetite are Joseph's pitas with flax seed, greek yogurt, and lower calorie proteins like white fish. The pitas are I think 50 or 60 calories each, and they aren't small. Very filling.

You are right on track and are doing great. It's a hurdle, but you'll get used to the new way of eating.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary. You seem to be leaving calories 'on the table'. You don't have to eat under your goal - you're aiming to meet the goal.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I don't ever want to get used to being hungry. If you do a thirst check and you are still genuinely hungry, why not just eat more?
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Lookin back at your diary from a couple of days ago-the stuff you are eating looks pretty good, except almost all of your protin is first thing in the morning. Maybe try spreading it out a little more? Just a thought. If I dont' have protein enough all day long, i gethungry too. And if I am exercising and not getting enough protein, I ache more and I am way beyond hungry to RAVENOUS!

You can't tell from here, but I've ost 69+/- pounds so I must be doing somethng kinda right-at least for me and I suspect maybe it would work for others as well.l
  • ROSE_arc
    Options
    I looked at your food diary from todat and noticed three things that i would change:

1. would eat ALL my calories (especially if i was hungry). You left approx 255.

2. I would not be full from the 2 slices of thin crust light pizza. I think you could do better for 435 calories...Salad, protien, 100 calories of a carb.

3. I would eat a granola bar with more fiber and protien (with similar calories) than the nutrigrain.