looking for a spanish rice recipe

Options
godblessourhome
godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
homemade please, not from a box. thanks!

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I have Spanish Rice on the stove as we speak! But it is Knorr Fiesta SIdes Spanish Rice, so it's from a pouch not a box, but still not what you're looking for I guess!

It's yummy though.
    Sirloin beef tips in the oven with garlic and worchestershire sauce too....
  • albertagirl88
    Options
    I put 1 can of tomato paste in the water while the instant rice is boiling, and then when it is cooked add the spices that you would like in the rice. I often use pepper or chili seasoning. I don't know if that is what you meant by spanish rice, but it is a pretty tasty recipe. Especially if you melt a little cheese over the top.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    1 cup uncooked brown rice
    1 green bell pepper, chopped
    1 onion, chopped
    1/2 cup black beans (pre cooked)
    2 cups diced tomatoes
    2 cups water
    1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
    1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1 teaspoon chili powder (more or less to taste)
    2 tablespoons chopped almonds (optional)

In a skillet coated with cooking spray, saute rice, pepper and onion until golden brown. Add tomatoes, salt, water and black beans. Simmer for 45 minutes or until all the water is gone. Season with Cayenne and Chili Powder to taste. Add Almonds just before serving.
    Serves 8 (not sure of actual serving size... just split it 8 ways)- 154 calories, 1.8g fat, 157mg sodium, 29.8g carbs, 3.9g fiber, 2.5g sugar, 5.4g protein
  • NickiChase
    NickiChase Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ok..here goes...not really "spanish" since there aren't any veggies added

"Rice a la Taco Night"

Brown 1 cup rice in a little garlic olive oil (1 teaspoon or so) until you can smell it

Add: 2 cups chicken broth from box
    2 wooden spoon-fuls taco sauce (red kind, we like Pace or Ortega) to pinken it up
    1/2-1 t or so cumin
    1/4-1/2 t poultry seasoning

Stir well and then simmer about 20 minutes until done.