Polar FT40 HRM

Options
2»

Replies

• dxtra30
    dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Is the same HRM as the Polar FT4M ? If so does this watch sync with MyFitnessPal for calories burned?
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I got just this year and I LOVE IT!! So easy to use!!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i bought one about 4 weeks ago now :bigsmile: i think the smile just said it all!!!
    its great and for a change its REALLY easy to set up!
    :drinker:
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Here is some information:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/new-hrm-how-to-make-the-calorie-estimate-more-accurate-183102

The FT40 allows for manual entry of VO2 max (and HR max). You have to take the "fitness test" and then when you get the score it asks if you want to keep it. Press "no" and it will give you the option of manually entering VO2max.

There are a number of field tests you can use to estimate that number--some commercial treadmills have a fitness test program that you can try.

In lieu of a max exercise test, you can also use some trial and error methods to get closer estimate of HR max.

Putting more accurate versions of those two numbers will improve the calorie accuracy of your Polar FT40.

If you see substantial increases in fitness performance over time, update the VO2max number to keep the HRM up to date.

(also change weight and resting HR as well if/when they change).
  • ginnyadams
    ginnyadams Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a birthday on 17 March also and was looking at the same model. Think I am ready to purchase!