Options
leesey1
leesey1 Posts: 104 Member
Hi Im Leesey. I am 21 yearsold, and I have had a prolem with my weight since I was in middle school. I have tried everything from the diet pills, to exercise machines, and I've even considered surgery, but it is too costly. I just want to be happy when I look in the mirror. It is hard to get fit when you do not have a support system at home. My family complains if I serve grilled chicken over friend and so on. I am just ready to do this the right way, so I can have ever lasting results. Sometimes I give into my cravings & when I do I feel like such a failure, and I do not continue with my diet.

>

Replies

• blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I think it's safe to say you've found the right spot. I'm in the same boat as you and the support from everyone here is fabulous! It's exactly what everyone needs :flowerforyou:
  • tlskehan
    tlskehan Posts: 1
    Options
    You can do it! You have a great start. I have been on here for only a week, but it is so helpful to actually SEE how many calories you are eating! Good Luck!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I am sorry that you do not have a support system at home. I think your family should be thankful when you prepare any meal for them; or they should learn to prepare their own food. BUT if you will continually take advantage of this site, you will find that you have plenty of encouragers. I have found that entering every morsel of food that I eat a real "eye opener" and it alone has helped me to change my eating habits. I hope you do NOT give up, and find success here at MFP. I wish you luck on your journey.
  • leesey1
    leesey1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    thank you, i feel so special! i actually feel motivated to keep on going! Day 1 down, a billion more to go! :drinker:
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have come to the right place. You said you feel like a failure when you give into craving. Please remember that this a life style change but it doesn't mean that you can't eat any more of X. It is about moderation. You need to allow yourself treats and answer you craving because if you don't they will haunt you until you do. You are better off to plan your day to allow that craving even if it is only a bite enjoy it. Also be willing to do exercise for it if that is what it will take to get it out of your system. Meal planning is very helpful too. You can do this! A happy Momma is a happy family!