must... resist... pizza...

Options
2»

Replies

• foxymama73
    foxymama73 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I could never give up pizza, its too delicious.
  • erika0430
    Options
    You could just eat the Toppings!
    Or thin crust no cheese or light cheese
    Don't eat the crust
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    i have a meeting tomorrow and pizza is being ordered. and oh good gracious i know im going to want some. any suggestions for what to bring that is exciting enough i'll be able to say no to the pizza. (im pretty sure if i just bring my regular salad and yogurt i'll end up eating that AND pizza!) Help!

now, I had some cold pizza for lunch, so maybe I'm not the best to come to on this, but ...

I'd just eat the pizza.
  • stephross88
    stephross88 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Listen. Eat the pizza. It's OK. If you stop eating (pizza, ice cream, cookies, cake, etc.etc.etc.) all together, you are setting yourself up for failure. I have lost over 100 pounds in the last 9 months and just had almost a whole Kashi pizza for lunch, and half a Hardee's ice cream cookie sandwich before I worked out. The point in this journey is that the good must outweigh the bad...but remember, there can be no good without bad.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    and no reason to stick to one slice, by the way. two is still not a terrible blow to the calorie bank. and if you get to the gym ... three is easily doable.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Eat your salad about half an hour before your meeting. Have a slice or two and leave it at that!

You will never go through life avoiding all temptations, the trick is to work it into your daily plan and not feel guilty about it. Personally the days I can indulge in pizza/icecream/burgers etc and have it fit into my macros are THE BEST DAYS!
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Listen. Eat the pizza. It's OK. If you stop eating (pizza, ice cream, cookies, cake, etc.etc.etc.) all together, you are setting yourself up for failure. I have lost over 100 pounds in the last 9 months and just had almost a whole Kashi pizza for lunch, and half a Hardee's ice cream cookie sandwich before I worked out. The point in this journey is that the good must outweigh the bad...but remember, there can be no good without bad.
    this girl knows whats up
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    My cousin ordered pizza for the family tonight. I ate it, then went to the gym and ended the day perfectly in the green. Have the salad and a slice or two of pizza!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Pizza has been declared a vegetable serving for over a year, so your gold.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    If you feel you won't be able to stop at your designated serving size, 1 slice or whatever, you could also make yourself something with the flavors the pizza would have, or pizza flavors that an ordinary pizza place won't offer.

your own pizza flavored salad with mini turkey pepperoni's or your fav. pizza topping.

pizza pocket with turkey pepperoni- my kids love those too. so easy to make.
    made with piita pockets or your fav. tortilla

your own gormet pizza

you could also make buffalo chicken flavored any of the above, much healthier than eating actual buffalo chicken pizza.

http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2008/06/10-paths-to-painless-pizza-making/