I'VE SLIPPED UP BADLY! HOW CAN I HELP EASE THE EFFECTS?!

Options
2»

Replies

• squidbully
    squidbully Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Spread the calories out over the rest of the week. Like if the burger was 700, divide that up and put those calories on each day left this week. You can just eat a bit less to make up for it.
    I do that SO HARD for Chipotle burritos. Those things have a thousand calories in them. Wat.
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    basically i ended up being persuaded to go get a macdonalds tonight, and ate a whole big tasty burger and fries. Shows how bad my willpower is huh!
    anyway, i feel horrendous about the whole thing right now and im supposed to be going to sleep but feel like cr@p!
    im not too worried about the impact on my weight as i know it wont affect it that much, but in terms of health i cant believe i let myself do it.
    any tips to try reverse the effects? lessen the blow?

Don't be too hard on yourself. We all have moments where we've not made the best choices. Just recognize the misstep and correct it going on. Don't let one bad meal cause more failures. You got this!
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    eat a little less carbs the next day and you won't notice it on the scale... if you're asking about guilt.. well the saying goes "those who feel guilty shouldn't and those who don't feel guilty should."
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    It's a burger. Just a burger. And some fries or whatever else you had with it. It's now not the first burger you've had while being healthy and I nearly guarantee you - it won't be your last.

And that's okay. One meal, one day, one week of eating like normal people do (and a McD's meal is pretty normal) doesn't mean you're a bad person. Doesn't mean you're a **** up. Just means you had a burger. You can do better next time. And you will. And after the next not so healthy food choice? You can still do better after that, too.

There's no need for such self-admonishment.

Couldn't agree more. Your only human your bound to have cheat days. Tomorrow is a new day. Get a good night sleep and start fresh
    A burger and fries is not a "cheat", it's food.

To the OP. Once you cure your unhealthy view on foods, your life will be much better. Would you be upset if you "slipped" up on eating too many sweet potatoes and almonds? I am going to say no.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Go to bed.

Do better tomorrow.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day, & remember next time you're faced with fast food how bad you felt.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I may actively choose to eat something not "healthy". Last week it was a half a slice of cheesecake with half of the blueberry topping. Do I feel guilty? NO! It was around 300 calories or a bit less. However, I was under my calories for the day and I hadn't eaten anything like that for weeks. Don't beat yourself up. Just do better the next time. If you're like me you're going to be eating like this as a permanent thing. The occasional treat is needed to stick to it forever. *HUGS* Good luck!